JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   adding a 1inch spacer to a 2.5 coil lift (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/adding-1inch-spacer-2-5-coil-lift-169705/)

jtjk 03-21-2011 12:36 PM

adding a 1inch spacer to a 2.5 coil lift

i have a six speed manual with a 2.5 coil lift and am wondering if i add a 1 inch spacer in the front i will run into any issues ?

JFRE5H 03-21-2011 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by jtjk (Post 2176737)
i have a six speed manual with a 2.5 coil lift and am wondering if i add a 1 inch spacer in the front i will run into any issues ?

I have this set up, with 1 inch spacers front and rear, and i haven't had any issues. I also added control arms and track bars. My stock drive shafts are failing but i have new ones arriving this week.

jtjk 03-21-2011 01:20 PM

How did the controls arms and track bars improve the ride ? Do u think that is was the extra inch that pushed u over the edge for drive shafts ?

jtjk 03-21-2011 02:17 PM

Bump for answers

Olean NY Jeeper 03-21-2011 02:58 PM

I have RC 2.5 inch coils front and rear with the RC 2.2 shocks on my 2 door. I added a 1.75 inch spacer up front and a one inch spacer in the rear plus coil correction wedges. I ahve very heavy bumper and winch. I have an adj front track bar and rear bracket. No issues except rear DS which I replaced with toms woods.

JFRE5H 03-21-2011 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by jtjk (Post 2176856)
How did the controls arms and track bars improve the ride ? Do u think that is was the extra inch that pushed u over the edge for drive shafts ?

It rides almost as well as it did off the show room floor (other than the ratcheting noise coming from the drive shafts) The adjustable control arms really allow you to dial in the alignment. If you look on the write-ups thread i believe there is a good alignment thread. I do think i was the extra inch that pushed it over the top. Other people have run 2.5 inch lifts with no issues, but everyones jeep is different.

jtjk 03-25-2011 08:58 PM

will adding an extra inch effect my brake lines at all ?

B09RUBI 03-25-2011 09:06 PM

2.5 inch lift with 1 inch front spacers is what im running so farno issues with drive shafts but brake lines would get to tight on flex for my comfort so installed crown lines no issue with this setup so far. also have sway bar links and rear track bar brace. havent got to the front track bar yet but will soon just for strength.

matt852 03-25-2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by JFRE5H (Post 2176813)
I have this set up, with 1 inch spacers front and rear, and i haven't had any issues. I also added control arms and track bars. My stock drive shafts are failing but i have new ones arriving this week.

What drive shafts and size are you buying I'm going to be running the exact same set up.

Bowman 03-26-2011 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by jtjk
will adding an extra inch effect my brake lines at all ?

I think the brake lines have more to do with your down travel. If your shocks were already at full droop before the spacer and you had no problems, then you should be fine.