Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

adding a 1inch spacer to a 2.5 coil lift

Old 03-21-2011, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding a 1inch spacer to a 2.5 coil lift

i have a six speed manual with a 2.5 coil lift and am wondering if i add a 1 inch spacer in the front i will run into any issues ?
Old 03-21-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jtjk
i have a six speed manual with a 2.5 coil lift and am wondering if i add a 1 inch spacer in the front i will run into any issues ?
I have this set up, with 1 inch spacers front and rear, and i haven't had any issues. I also added control arms and track bars. My stock drive shafts are failing but i have new ones arriving this week.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Super Freak

How did the controls arms and track bars improve the ride ? Do u think that is was the extra inch that pushed u over the edge for drive shafts ?
Old 03-21-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump for answers
Old 03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have RC 2.5 inch coils front and rear with the RC 2.2 shocks on my 2 door. I added a 1.75 inch spacer up front and a one inch spacer in the rear plus coil correction wedges. I ahve very heavy bumper and winch. I have an adj front track bar and rear bracket. No issues except rear DS which I replaced with toms woods.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

How did the controls arms and track bars improve the ride ? Do u think that is was the extra inch that pushed u over the edge for drive shafts ?
It rides almost as well as it did off the show room floor (other than the ratcheting noise coming from the drive shafts) The adjustable control arms really allow you to dial in the alignment. If you look on the write-ups thread i believe there is a good alignment thread. I do think i was the extra inch that pushed it over the top. Other people have run 2.5 inch lifts with no issues, but everyones jeep is different.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Super Freak

will adding an extra inch effect my brake lines at all ?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

2.5 inch lift with 1 inch front spacers is what im running so farno issues with drive shafts but brake lines would get to tight on flex for my comfort so installed crown lines no issue with this setup so far. also have sway bar links and rear track bar brace. havent got to the front track bar yet but will soon just for strength.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JFRE5H
I have this set up, with 1 inch spacers front and rear, and i haven't had any issues. I also added control arms and track bars. My stock drive shafts are failing but i have new ones arriving this week.
What drive shafts and size are you buying I'm going to be running the exact same set up.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

will adding an extra inch effect my brake lines at all ?
I think the brake lines have more to do with your down travel. If your shocks were already at full droop before the spacer and you had no problems, then you should be fine.

Quick Reply: adding a 1inch spacer to a 2.5 coil lift