Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adding New Bumper/Winch...What amount of Front Lift?

Old 04-19-2013, 03:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
Are you talking about his girlfriend or his jeep???
GF is 5'10" and 150#. Heavy enough, but definitely not pudgy
Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the LOD stubby with smitty #8000 winch and steel cable. I added 1" spacers on my TF 2.5" coil lift. It was too much. It might have been ok for full width. I fixed it with a 1" spacer in the rear so now I have a 3.5" lift. I would only use 1/2" space for a stubby or mid-width especially if you use synthetic cable.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hooper
I have the LOD stubby with smitty #8000 winch and steel cable. I added 1" spacers on my TF 2.5" coil lift. It was too much. It might have been ok for full width. I fixed it with a 1" spacer in the rear so now I have a 3.5" lift. I would only use 1/2" space for a stubby or mid-width especially if you use synthetic cable.
''Yeah, I'm thinking LOD Armor Lite Mid (Bull Bar & Skid Plate) with Warn M8000S. Probably about 110# minus about 25 for stock puts me at about additional 85#
up front. Might just put 1/2 to 3/4 spacer to level it out.

Quick Reply: Adding New Bumper/Winch...What amount of Front Lift?