Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adding Tow Package on 08 Unlimited Transmission Rebuild

Old 12-07-2023, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Tow Package on 08 Unlimited Transmission Rebuild

Hey all I'm pretty new to the Jeep world (coming from the GM world). I just recently bought a 08 Jk 4 door, Bone stock from a friend. It's got high miles around 215000. We're suspecting the shudder I'm getting at lower RPMs is a Torque converter shudder. And with the mileage I'm planning on having the Transmission rebuilt. I plan to be towing a 17ft ultra light camper with it down the road (most likely after putting in a new engine and beefing up the suspension). But my question is for the transmission, has anyone had the stock trans built with a tow package? If so, what would you recommend?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-08-2023, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts

Tow package for Transmission ? I would think that this is nothing internal to the transmission but adding a cooler and possibly a fan over the top of the cooler. Taking heat out of trans is the most important factor when towing.

Quick Reply: Adding Tow Package on 08 Unlimited Transmission Rebuild