Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable arms, yes or no?

Old 12-04-2007, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable arms, yes or no?

I'm pretty set on getting Rusty's 3.25" lift. I've ran it on previous Jeeps and I was impressed, especially for the price. That being said... The kit has adj trackbars, coils and shocks. I'll also be adding a steering stabilizer. I want to get adjustable arms, but I'm not sure which. Let me rephrase, I plan on getting Rusty's arms as well.. but I don't know if I want the full 8 adjustable... or just the lowers. I've even thought of leaving the uppers stock until time/money permit. Any help on this would be great, thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

All you really need are adjustable front uppers and lowers so that you can dial in your caster. If and when you get an aftermarket rear drive shaft, you will need to get adjustable rear uppers to set your pinion angle.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you were going to either get uppers or lowers, go with uppers.
I have not gotten the lowers yet, and the uppers adjusted my caster pretty damn close. Take a look at this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=upper+lower
Old 12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
All you really need are adjustable front uppers and lowers so that you can dial in your caster. If and when you get an aftermarket rear drive shaft, you will need to get adjustable rear uppers to set your pinion angle.
I was under the impression that the 4drs are fine at this level. I can see where it would help, but I didn't know of any necessity. Will the pinion angle be fine without the rear arms?

Last edited by LoganR; 12-05-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by simon
If you were going to either get uppers or lowers, go with uppers.
I have not gotten the lowers yet, and the uppers adjusted my caster pretty damn close. Take a look at this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=upper+lower
Thank you so much. I searched, but apparently not good enough. I will be getting the front control arms. Thanks to both of you for your quick responses.

Quick Reply: Adjustable arms, yes or no?