Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adjustable Track Bar or Drop Brackets with BB

Old 10-18-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable Track Bar or Drop Brackets with BB

Let me say first that I have read about every thread on this issue but am still confused.
I am planning on buying the Teraflex 2.5” budget boost with shock adapters because it seems to have everything that is needed. I have looked at the other systems which come with some but not all of the items as the Teraflex.

TeraFlex 2.5” BB Contains:
(Front and Rear Coil Spacers, Front and Rear Bump Stops, Front and Rear Shock Adapters, Rear Brake Line Extension Brackets & Longer Rear Sway Bar Links)

I really want to make sure everything is lined up under my Rubi. I have read about people having problems with the axles not being aligned so I was planning on fixing this issue with adjustable front and rear track bars from Superlift (Part#’s 5725 & 5726).
Note: I won a drawing with Superlift @ a Jeep Jamboree so I’ll get them for around 50 bucks a piece so no worries on the track bars.

The problem is that some people say you need to use a drop track bar bracket to get the proper geometry in the rear not just an adjustable track bar. If I am planning on using the stock locations on the axle and frame will an adjustable track bar fix the alignment and retain a good geometry or should I look into a drop bracket also? Are there any issues with using the adjustable track bar on the front without a new bracket? Does my plan of the Teraflex BB kit along with the Adjustable track bars seem right without any kind of extra brackets? Maybe I’m missing something let me know.

Again I’d really like to thank everyone on this forum there are all kinds of great ideas and everyone seems to have great input. The only problem is this new hobby of mine is making the Visa card work overtime and I’m spending 1 to 2 hours reading this forum per day.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bump. Does anyone have the Teraflex 2.5" BB with adjustable track bars? Are there any kind of problems I should know about?
Old 10-19-2007, 05:25 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you arent missing anything, because i am running nearly the same setup.
I have an RE 2" lift & shocks instead of the TeraFlex 2.5" but they are basically the same idea, your just a hair taller; I am using the Teraflex adj. trackbars front & rear, no brackets., no brakeline extensions (yet, but i probably will). It has been on for a while, and i havent had any issues at all with it.

There have been some issues with people running the relocation brackets at the axle breaking the factory mount off at that end. Adj. bars are the preferred method over the brackets for that reason. There are brackets that mount to the frame end, I do not know any specifics on those, but i have not heard of any issues to date with that setup, so it could be an option for you.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Do you need adjustable control arms for the 2" budget boosts to adjust your rear pinion (on a 2 door) or would it not make enough of a difference to justify the cost of the control arms?

Also I have heard you need the brackets for proper track bar angle and that you should reweld the stock bracket and weld the new "bolt-on" bracket to the axel tube and keep it bolted to the stock bracket...hope that makes sense.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No you dont need or want any brackets. Just get the adj. track bars and everyting will line up just fine. The brackets are a band aid fix for not having the proper length track bar.

The smaller lifts dont include track bars to keep the prices low, hence the term budget lift. Most people dont even realize that their tires stick out different amounts on each side of the vehicle. The smaller the lift, the less it is needed.

When you get into taller lifts, some of them come with brackets because they also require a dropped pitman arm which does change your steering dynamics. In that case the bracket aids in changing those dynamics back to what they were.

Hope that makes sense!
Old 10-19-2007, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I say get the adjustable track bars. I have the 2.5 inch Tera Flex Budget boost also and was off 1/4 inch. The write up for installing the Full Traction track bar said they were off 3/8 inch.

With the track bar I fixed it all up and have the ability to use the same track bar for lifts in the future. I don't think the bracket could say that. Plus the track bar can be fine tuned unlike the bracket.

If money is an issue get the budget boost (it is great for the price) check how much you are off after install and if < 1/4 inch don't worry about getting a track bar.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:03 PM
JK Newbie

Talking woodsman

Originally Posted by Matto
Let me say first that I have read about every thread on this issue but am still confused.
I am planning on buying the Teraflex 2.5” budget boost with shock adapters because it seems to have everything that is needed. I have looked at the other systems which come with some but not all of the items as the Teraflex.

TeraFlex 2.5” BB Contains:
(Front and Rear Coil Spacers, Front and Rear Bump Stops, Front and Rear Shock Adapters, Rear Brake Line Extension Brackets & Longer Rear Sway Bar Links)

I really want to make sure everything is lined up under my Rubi. I have read about people having problems with the axles not being aligned so I was planning on fixing this issue with adjustable front and rear track bars from Superlift (Part#’s 5725 & 5726).
Note: I won a drawing with Superlift @ a Jeep Jamboree so I’ll get them for around 50 bucks a piece so no worries on the track bars.

The problem is that some people say you need to use a drop track bar bracket to get the proper geometry in the rear not just an adjustable track bar. If I am planning on using the stock locations on the axle and frame will an adjustable track bar fix the alignment and retain a good geometry or should I look into a drop bracket also? Are there any issues with using the adjustable track bar on the front without a new bracket? Does my plan of the Teraflex BB kit along with the Adjustable track bars seem right without any kind of extra brackets? Maybe I’m missing something let me know.

Again I’d really like to thank everyone on this forum there are all kinds of great ideas and everyone seems to have great input. The only problem is this new hobby of mine is making the Visa card work overtime and I’m spending 1 to 2 hours reading this forum per day.
i just took a new rancho 7000mt stabilizer off my 2d jk. theyre high pressured shocks. it pushed my steering to the left. took it off and things were fine. put the rs5000 on and its dandy
Old 03-30-2018, 06:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

It is always best to avoid drop brackets when it comes to track bars. Avoid drop pitman arms too. While it will level out your track bars and re-center your axles but it lowers your roll center and will make the jeep more tippy in high speed cornering or in off camber situations off road. A raised rear axle side bracket that raises the rear the same 2.5" as your budget boost would be the best route and you would simply re use the factory track bar. Up front you would need an adjustable track bar to re center the front axle. You can not simply raise the front like the rear without doing a drag link flip the raises the drag link or you will get a lot of bump steer. You typically want 3.5"+ of lift before doing a drag link flip due to the drag link hitting the frame and it typically requires 3"-3.5" of added bump stop to prevent the dragline to frame conflict.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Track Bar or Drop Brackets with BB