Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advice Needed

Old 07-03-2007, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice Needed

Hello all!

I am buying a new JK Unlimited 2.8CRD. I will be going straight to Mickey Thompson Classic 2 Rims (16x8) with 285/75R16 Dick Cepek Tyres.

I want to mount a bull bar on the front and a lift and have a couple of questions (mind you, the highest legal lift in Australia is 2.5" so I am somewhat limited).
- What's the best way to lift a 4 door JK? Replace Springs and Shocks or Spring Spacer and Shocks. I will be using it offroad so both onroad comfort and offroad articulation is considered a priority.
- Will a Steel Bullbar on the front of the JK make it 'sit on it's bumpstops' like one suspension place in Australia suggests.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AusJK
I am buying a new JK Unlimited 2.8CRD.
Okay...maybe I'm a goober for asking...but what is a 2.8CRD?

I have the TeraFlex 2.5" BB w/ shock extensions. I chose that one because it maintains the factory ride pretty well. How much does the Bull Bar weigh? You could always put that much weight on the front of your Jeep and check how much the springs have compressed.

If it's a lot...a spacer lift might not be your best option.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:26 PM
JK Newbie

2.8CRD is the 2.8 Common Rail Turbo Deisel.

You guys don't know what you are missing, that engine is awesome!

Say, a Warn Steel Bullbar, would weight about, oh hell, 100kilos?
Old 07-04-2007, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Mickey Thompson Classic II's won't be available in the right bolt pattern in a 16x8 until probably September, hopefully earlier. Trust me, I already phoned them up.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I wish we could get the diesel here on the Wrangler. They had it on the Liberty. Don't know why we couldn't have it as well.

What's a 'Bull bar"? Do you mean a "'Roo" bar?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, Roo bar!

And the Mickey Thompson Classic 2 Wheels already come in a 16" 5 stud pattern. Just getting an increased offset pair. Don't want the 'stock' offset, increasing will increase the track a bit!

Quick Reply: Advice Needed