Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advice on Rubicon Express 3.5 lift

Old 01-25-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Rubicon Express 3.5 lift

Would like to hear opinions from people who have a Rubicon Express lift on there 07-08 unlimited. Want to know what problems people have experienced if any. Thinking about putting the Rubicon Express 3.5" lift on my 08 Unlimited Rubicon with 35's and 5.13 gears. Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got my unlimited in October 06. Installed the RE 3.5" in May/June of 07?
No problems yet. Haven't even greased the control arms yet either
But no squeaks or anything.

I have noticed the coils have settled a bit, I used to be able to stick my head between the fender and tire and turn. I can barely fit it in sideways now.

No noticable sag in front even with the LoD bumper and winch.

Edit: Oh wait, just remembered, I snapped my passenger rear shock. But RE was super good about sending a new one under warranty immediately. Just sent the broken one back after i received the new one.
Also, I have a Solid rear diff cover and the track bar rubs a little.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

which shocks did you go with, or what shocks would you recondmend with the 3.5 RE lift?
Old 01-25-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mackdjm
which shocks did you go with, or what shocks would you recondmend with the 3.5 RE lift?
I opted for the Bilstein 5100s? (someone please correct me I cant look it up right now) shocks. They are supposedly designed just for the JK.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the RE 3.5 and haven't had any issues with it yet. In and out of the Rubicon (back way) 3 x last year and only bent a tie rod. I have the shocks that came with the lift. I think they're Bilsteins, but not sure. I'm happy with the lift.

Quick Reply: Advice on Rubicon Express 3.5 lift