Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advice on Tires for '08 Rubi

Old 07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Tires for '08 Rubi

Gentelmen,

I have a '08 4 door Rubicon that I tow behind a motorhome. I've installed a wench and and set of 2" coil springs in the front to make the Jeep sit level. It's getting close for a new set of tires and want to go a bit larger/taller while keeping the stock wheels and a simular stock tread design. As I stated, it is towed and I don't want to go any higher on the lift. Your ideas would be welcome and thanks in advance.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What size tires

Depends on how much clearance you need for the wheeling you're doing. If you don't need much, why not just 33's ? Your lift won't allow much more than that (probably 35's at the most, if it's only 2"). You may be able to find a close metric equivalent, if it's any cheaper. Are you keeping the stock rims ? I like the stance of a Jeep with a 2" lift on 33's, so that's my suggestion.

Quick Reply: Advice on Tires for '08 Rubi