Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aeroforce tuning vs. Superchips 3875 tuning

Old 11-08-2016, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Aeroforce tuning vs. Superchips 3875 tuning

Hey guys, so I've been running a Superchips 3875 tuner on my '07 JK for the last 3 years. I run it on the high octane setting, and it runs great. However, I am adding an sPOD this week, and I bought an Aeroforce gauge to go with it. As I was scrolling through the settings of the AF gauge today, I noticed that it pretty much has all of the settings that the SC tuner does. Tire size, gear size, performance tuning, etc. My question is, should I just sell the SC 3875 since the AF gauge does all of that and more? Is the performance tune in the AF gauge better? The SC is designed specifically for the Jeep/offroad vehicle, whereas the AF is tailored more for just performance. Thoughts?
Old 11-09-2016, 03:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wouldn't. I had the Aeroforce which I used for TPMS and tire size. After my regear I changed the gear ratio also and my Jeep went into limp mode. I worked with AF support and they wanted me to send the gauge back for reprogramming. Not wanting to lose use of my JK for that long, I bought the Superchips and after several iterations got out of limp mode. Additionally, after nearly 3 years my AF gauge has gotten very dim and is hard to read.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune For JK

Hi All!

I have HPTuners and have been tinkering with the computer for a very short time. Mods: Long tube headers (cat delete), 35x12.50 tires. I used HPTuners to read all of the DTCs, delete the Cats (trail rig), delete the TPMS sensors, and changed the tire dimensions for speedometer accuracy. I am curious if anyone has messed with the computer after adding a Wideband sensor, or manually changed the throttle response instead of adding a peddle commander? If you have, what parameters did you use?

Any advice or discussion on the topic, I would greatly welcome it! Happy Jeeping!!!!
Old 12-30-2021, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 467 Likes on 419 Posts

With HP Tuners you have the capability to modify fuel, timing and torque tables IE a licence to kill (your engine and tranny that is). That access is only if you bought the 2 credits as the functions you describe can be done in VCM Scanner mode. If you run a scan while driving (presume it is a 3.6) you will see the timing drop off at around 4500RPM due to knock sensor activation. Altering the stoich at higher airflow and lowering the temperature of the coolant (thermostat and in the ECU) you will see that engine come alive. Also PE needs to be looked at. Don't know why people think they should change throttle response in a gutless 4500lb vehicle but can understand getting the same performance as the same engiine in a half ton pickup. The JL 3.6 is the same engine as the JK with a factory tune and the 8 pd auto.

Quick Reply: Aeroforce tuning vs. Superchips 3875 tuning