Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Front Bumper (Backcountry) tow loop options?

Old 04-08-2018, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEV Front Bumper (Backcountry) tow loop options?

I just picked up this 2016 Backcountry which has AEV factory installed bumpers and it does not have the front tow loops. Quick check of web shows AEV discontinued them. I wil call tomorrow? What other options do I have or have others used? Ideally I'd love to not take the bumper off. I do a couple Jamborees a year and need tow points. If I could end up with D-Rings that would be fine. Not sure where to mount or how though outside of the AEV ones. There are holes in skid plate right below fog lights where AEV ones slide through provided slot to bolt to frame, Picture of them below.

Last edited by JKcity; 04-08-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you flat towing or looking for a recovery point? If flat towing, Maximus-3 makes brackets to fit.

I think you can remove those rubber bumper caps and install these from Teraflex,

https://www.extremeterrain.com/teraf...t-0718-jk.html
Old 04-08-2018, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Just recovery points. I am sure there is ample debate about removing crush cans but clearly most run around without them. If it's that easy I'd be good. I'll take a look later. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

A little research under the rubber caps are metal crush cans which some have cut off but I would prefer not to.

Quick Reply: AEV Front Bumper (Backcountry) tow loop options?