Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEV LIFT KIT.....Are you still happy?...other lift kits are you unhappy?

Old 08-01-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEV LIFT KIT.....Are you still happy?...other lift kits are you unhappy?

Question for all you lifted JK's. Are you still happy with your LIFT KIT?

Im waiting to pull the trigger on the 3.5 AEV premium for my unlimited..... Im wondering after all the money spent and some time with the AEV kit under you...ARE YOU STILL HAPPY?

Would you do the same lift kit all over again...

Did any one buy a diffrent companys kit that they regret now? Im looking at the 4 inch Rancho sport kit with the $$$$$500.!!!! rebate and Im wondering if people like it or if people regret it? Would you go the same route again? Im wondering how it compares to the AEV... they both have the brackets to relocate the control arms... Im more concerned with road manners, as its my daily driver 50 miles a day!

any info would be great.... Lets hear your stories...dont forget to include: Manufacture, lift size, how long you have had it, any problems, unforseen added costs, customer service etc.

Thanks NH-JK
Old 08-01-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my AEV 3.5 lift for 6 weeks now and could'nt be happier. It was a toss up between Currie, Terraflex and AEV, went round and round for 5 months. Don't know anyone who had either one so I was very nervous about spending money and choosing wrong lift. It does everything they say it will, you won't be dissapointed. go with your gut feeling and read alot. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Yes I'm very happy with the AEV.... spent much time reading reviews, doing research... would not change a thing..
BTW: running AEV 17 wheels & 35 tires on a 4Dr. 07 Rubi.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default AEV LIFT KIT.....Are you still happy?...other lift kits are you unhappy?

I'm happy with mine
3.5 on 37s
But to do it again would've went evo coilovers
Old 08-01-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Music to my ears!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I actually just sent a thank you email to Sean at Screamin Lizard regarding my satisfaction after 10K miles on my AEV Lift.

I am completely satisfied with my setup.

Unfortunately, I have seen some companies install of the AEV leavening something to be desired. Such as leaving the rear coils unbolted at the axle. Where a lot of people have issues is the rear shocks' length allows the rear to droop too much and the rear springs may come unseated and fall out. Mine has come out of the upper pocket a couple times but not far enough that it falls out. And if it is just out of the pocket it kinda makes a loud noise when it suddenly gets seated. But its only happened a couple times and I just kept on wheeling through it.

I would highly advise a reputable shop to the work. Someone that has done plenty of the AEV lifts and knows the ins and outs of the setup. I almost went with a company closer to my folks house in Gilmer, TX. However when the guy said "AVG WHO?" and suggested I get the BDS Lift because 'that's what everyone else is running' - I knew I had better find another shop. That's what lead me to SLC.

As far as price, I think you get a lot with the AEV kit.

I love the Currie Jeep though. After seeing that thing on all of its youtube videos I think I would have gone with that setup had I seen it before.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 PM
JK Freak

Default Great Road Manners

I had Dave at Northridge install the AEV 3 1/2" Premium on mine about a month ago and the ride is all I couls hope for.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have over 30,000 miles on my 3.5 with 37's. There is nothing I would change. It suits me perfectly.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have just over 10k kms on my 4dr JK with AEV4.5",37" tires and couldn't be happier with performance on and offroad.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

I have a question for you guys.
Is there any difference in on road ride quality and handling between the 4.5 and 3.5 kits?

I am undecided if I which route I want to go. I use my jeep for 80% on road driving and I want it to handle really well and have great road manners. I am leaning towards 4.5 and 37’s for the extra ground clearance, I have a 4door and it is like driving a limo off-road and gets hung up everywhere. I just don’t want to regret going to 37’s and 4.5 lift if the 3.5 and 35’s ride that much better on the street.

Quick Reply: AEV LIFT KIT.....Are you still happy?...other lift kits are you unhappy?