Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEV Procal

Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rip_Em_801
So, I have just been offered a AEV Procal for $100.00.

Is it worth it, what exactly would I use it for?

I have a 4" lift 35's if this helps out.

Thanks,
Just did exactly that.. used procal for 100... worth every penny
Old 03-04-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Staytru06
Exactly for the piece of mind I'd spend the extra 50$ because you won't know until you get it that it has been reset or not.
^^^^ Bingo... I guess if you see them reset it on the Jeep it's married too...otherwise I would spend the $50 bucks extra......
Old 03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read several posts of people that bought used ones that was re-set to factory and still had issues with it. Even AEV said that it can happened that it will not completely re-set to factory. $50 is $50, but my peace of mind is worth more that $50.

Just my .2 cents.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

if it is brand new never used you will not have an issue unless you have a 2013 jeep and it is not the current updated one as the 13 needs the latest procal. If you can meet the person who has it you can see if it works on your vehicle by reprogramming something either headlights or drl's and you can tell if it works becasue it will honk your horn twice if it was successful. it shoud have instructions to tell you how to use it.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Used Procal

Do not buy a used Procal! Nothing against AEV. Great product if you buy a new one to fix speedo issues etc.
I bought a used one that was reset. (three horn honks)
I used it to update my tire size and it worked. I went back a week later to use some other functions and it was locked. I contacted AEV and they said it was a common problem. It somehow retains previous vehicle information even though they reset it to stock. They said it will program the first time but it locks the procal because of VIN errors.
According to AEV, the procal should stay with the original vehicle it was used with. Trust me, I spent a week working with AEV on this. At first I was skeptical because I thought this was AEV's way of making money but they are correct.

Again, great product. Spend the extra $49 and get a new one.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why do ppl lock it to their vehicle? I have one used it and never set my vin on it..does it automatically lock to the vehicle you use it on or what..
Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Staytru06
Why do ppl lock it to their vehicle? I have one used it and never set my vin on it..does it automatically lock to the vehicle you use it on or what..
it locks to your vin automatically the first time you program with it.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt

it locks to your vin automatically the first time you program with it.
Ah alright cool thanks

Quick Reply: AEV Procal