Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV ProCal Help

Old 10-03-2012, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV ProCal Help

So I lifted my Jeep, changed the wheels and tires out and reset my speedo to match my tire size. I didn't buy new tires/wheels with TPMS in it because I didn't see the need. Now, I reset my TPMS to alert me at 15lbs or lower. However, every time I start up my Jeep, I get a ding and the light on my dash. It doesn't continue to ding, but the light stays on. Is this right?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by smirak
So I lifted my Jeep, changed the wheels and tires out and reset my speedo to match my tire size. I didn't buy new tires/wheels with TPMS in it because I didn't see the need. Now, I reset my TPMS to alert me at 15lbs or lower. However, every time I start up my Jeep, I get a ding and the light on my dash. It doesn't continue to ding, but the light stays on. Is this right?

Thanks,
Kevin
How is your tpms system going to "monitor" your air pressure with no sensors on your wheels?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

You need to set the sensor to zero psi. So it disables the computers tpms system.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Allen8511
You need to set the sensor to zero psi. So it disables the computers tpms system.
x2, did that after installing aftermarket wheels without the TPMS installed and no issues. After setting it the Jeep's horn should "honk" indicating that it was done correctly....
Old 10-03-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the replies...guess my mind wasn't working...how it's going to monitor with no sensors seems like a simple solution, but sometimes my brain doesn't work.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry to hijack your post....
With my procal 13 on my 2013 I am unable to get the setting below 28psi. Manual shows I should be able to set at 22psi but 2 honks and I am at 28psi. Tried all combinations and it only went higher. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: AEV ProCal Help