Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV rear bumper question

Old 04-01-2013, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV rear bumper question

Ok I just installed my MW3 front and rear bumpers made by AEV. My question is when I installed the front nothing felt any different but I finally got around to doing he rear and to my surprise I now feel much more of the road. I have a Teraflex leveling kit and Rubicon #59 rear springs. I would like to get the ride back to per-bumper. Would I start with new shocks or springs for th rear? I know this is a Wrangler and not looking for a Caddy like ride just need the wife to not complain on every bump in the road
I was thinking better shocks but not sure where to start.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On mine with the same bumpers, I ended up with 19/60 springs and stock Rubi shocks to go with the leveling kit and I'm happy with the ride and height. Here's a side shot of it for comparison, with 33's
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364957379.626986.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	441950  

Quick Reply: AEV rear bumper question