Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Rear Tire Carrier - Hi Lift Jack Solution!

Old 03-28-2012, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Umm, its hard to see, but half of the powertank mount is there in the original post pictures. I made this mount as well. Underneath the spare is a circular piece of steel that I drilled out to fit over the studs on the AEV carrier. It has a piece of tubing welded on the middle of this piece that sticks through the center of the spare. The powertank has a similar fabricated piece except a male version. This male rod stock was machined down to slide into the tubing on the jeep and then drilled through and bolted. I leave the jeep side piece on all the time, and just remove the powertank side of the bracket when I am not on a wheeling trip.

Pretty simple, but no one made and sold a piece exactly how I wanted it, so I had to make my own. The good thing is, a mount of this type would work on any aftermarket tire carrier.

Hope this description helps, if I have time I may put some pictures up so it makes more sense.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrisswank
If you take a look at the back cover of the 2011 Q-Tech fall catalog you'll notice they have three new options for their bumper: splash guards, hi-lift bracket and 10gal fuel caddy! It looks like the wait is over! It does appear that your solution for the hi-lift bracket, as long as you can weld, costs a little less then $199...

Chris
Got my AEV 10 gal fuel caddy and hi-lift mount from quadratec last week so the wait is indeed over!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Very, very nice.
I've got a world of respect for people who can do quality work with their own two hands and solve a problem at the same time!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's a good looking set up. Nice job

Quick Reply: AEV Rear Tire Carrier - Hi Lift Jack Solution!