Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev vs teraflex 3.5 lifts

Old 03-18-2010, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aev vs teraflex 3.5 lifts

Are they both good witch is better
Old 03-18-2010, 08:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tera guys will say theirs is better, Aev guys will say theirs is better. What you should ask for is there anyone who has run both lifts and what they think. That said, I have a Tera lift, I like it.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Seen a lot of happy teraflex customers
Old 03-18-2010, 10:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are both high quality lift kits.

If the most important criteria crawling ( suspension flex) the TF is at least as good as the AEV and it offers a lot bang for the buck (great value), but if you care more about handling, steering and ride (vehicle dyanmics) at speeds above 10 MPH on an off the road, the AEV is superior although a bit pricey (Sophisticated Engineering has its price).
Old 03-19-2010, 02:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am a big fan of AEV engineering but have the Tera susupension and have no complaints.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

I have run the Tera 2.5 spring, and now the AEV 4.5. The Tera is a much softer ride than the AEV and in past the Tera kit has been refered to as riding like a Caddilac since it is so soft and squishy. If you like the soft ride, then this kit may be for you.

AEV is a soft ride at first, and not harsh, and has been reffered to as riding like a european sports car. Since they use a progressive spring though as you go through your suspension it will get firmer. If you carry a lot of stuff or people with you when you go off-road this is nice since it will keep you off your bumpstops.

Both kits will get the job done, but my prefrence is more towards AEV since I often travel offroad with lots of gear since I usually have to drive a day to get to the places to begin with, and I also usually have a couple of people with me. With Teraflex I was always riding my bumpstops, but not with AEV. When I have been unloaded then the Teraflex kit is very nice, and I am not noticing the suspension bottoming nearly as much.

Last edited by Littlejon; 03-19-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

AEV is great! And if you run into any probs just call them up, they are super helpfull.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maddmauler
AEV is great! And if you run into any probs just call them up, they are super helpfull.
That is a very good point. Both TF and AEV have excellent customer service. I have called on both.

If you really want to get in the dirty little details of both kits, let them explain (sell) how they are different.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have any questions about our products, please give me a call.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I have run the Tera 2.5 spring, and now the AEV 4.5. The Tera is a much softer ride than the AEV and in past the Tera kit has been refered to as riding like a Caddilac since it is so soft and squishy. If you like the soft ride, then this kit may be for you.

AEV is a soft ride at first, and not harsh, and has been reffered to as riding like a european sports car. Since they use a progressive spring though as you go through your suspension it will get firmer. If you carry a lot of stuff or people with you when you go off-road this is nice since it will keep you off your bumpstops.

Both kits will get the job done, but my prefrence is more towards AEV since I often travel offroad with lots of gear since I usually have to drive a day to get to the places to begin with, and I also usually have a couple of people with me. With Teraflex I was always riding my bumpstops, but not with AEV. When I have been unloaded then the Teraflex kit is very nice, and I am not noticing the suspension bottoming nearly as much.
Squishy????? Mine damn sure aint squishy. I have 4in springs though, I dunno bout the 2.5.

Quick Reply: Aev vs teraflex 3.5 lifts