Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV's JK 3.5"/ 4.5" 4 Door Dual Sport RS Suspension Kit

Old 10-10-2012, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AEV's JK 3.5"/ 4.5" 4 Door Dual Sport RS Suspension Kit

Fellow Jeepers,

Anyone running AEV's JK 3.5"/ 4.5" 4 Door Dual Sport RS Suspension Kit?

If so, would you do it all over again?

I know the kits tend to be pricey, but there is something appealing about retaining the stock arms and geometry. Does the kit provide "full stuff" (e.g. tires up to the top of the fender well) flexibility?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Best,

jeeperaf
Old 10-10-2012, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeeperaf
Fellow Jeepers,

I know the kits tend to be pricey, but there is something appealing about retaining the stock arms and geometry. Does the kit provide "full stuff" (e.g. tires up to the top of the fender well) flexibility?

Best,

jeeperaf
I'm thinking of the 4.5 myself. Everything I've read is very positive about AEV
Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Prepare to take cover... AEV opinions tend to get a little heated. It's a good quality kit and provides a solid balance between offroad and street manners. It is NOT extreme though. If you are looking for mad dog off road capabilities you'll encounter less resistance looking at RK, or EVO, or...
Also, I'm not a big fan of non coil over lifts over 3.5". First off you don't need that extra inch more than you need the lower center of gravity, better off trimming your fenders to get the extra room for larger tires IMHO.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeeperaf
Fellow Jeepers,

Best,

jeeperaf
Coming from someone who owned the Kit I wasnt impressed. I bought the kit because I am more of a poser than hardcore off roader and didnt need 15" of wheel travel. I bought it based on the numerous post I saw. It said sports car handling and great ride. I thought the ride was average at best and it handled like stock at best. I did screw the lift up originally by putting 1" spacers on it. The ride and handling were HORRIFIC. I took the spacers out and even added LCA and I still wasnt impressed. I actually sold the Jeep and will be getting a Teraflex Long Arm with Elka shocks next time around. Even though I dont need that much suspension, I would rather do it right and have better ride and Handling. I have never owned another kit so I have nothing to compare it to, but I wouldnt buy this one again, Ecspecially since I had the added cost of the LCA'S.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nwapache
Prepare to take cover... AEV opinions tend to get a little heated. It's a good quality kit and provides a solid balance between offroad and street manners. It is NOT extreme though. If you are looking for mad dog off road capabilities you'll encounter less resistance looking at RK, or EVO, or...
Also, I'm not a big fan of non coil over lifts over 3.5". First off you don't need that extra inch more than you need the lower center of gravity, better off trimming your fenders to get the extra room for larger tires IMHO.
Excellent points. I've heard great things about the EVO and Rock Krawler lifts as well. Had a Tereflex on my TJ, and it was outstanding, but the cost for 3.5" is a touch high. How do you like your Rock Krawler lift?

Quick Reply: AEV's JK 3.5"/ 4.5" 4 Door Dual Sport RS Suspension Kit