Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aFe air system hiss?

Old 02-22-2010, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aFe air system hiss?

Put in an aFe Cold Air Intake System stage 2 today. When driving I can hear a hiss or something and I am assuming its the system but it sounds almost like a belt is loose. Or kinda like a turbo diesel. It only happens at lower rpm during acceleration and at speed with low rpm. Anybody experience this before and if so what was the fix?

Oh yeah I checked all the hose clamps...they are solid.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats normal... Is there a spacer?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday there was a similar thread about a unit that whistles. This one hisses.

They all make some sort of high pitch noise, but if you feel you get better performance and the noise doesn't bother you then why care?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 PM
JK Newbie

No spacer. It's just loud and the more I think about it sounds like the turbo on a diesel engine.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

My volant is the same way. IMO its just the right amount of air passing through the filter at the right amount of rpm so u can hear it. My k&n in my tj was alot worse with the whistle/hiss. It should be ok just more air flow. I would check into a prefilter for your airfilter. I bought mine from outerwears.com and if you cant fimd your filter just send hem the dimensions and they can usually hook you up. I paid less than 40 shipped and it gives some beyter protection from debris and water
Old 02-22-2010, 11:08 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks I'm glad to know it's normal. I was thinking the gasket around the air sensor modual was the issue, it was not very tight. I think I'm gonna still try to seal it up with something.

Quick Reply: aFe air system hiss?