JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Aftermarket brake rotors (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/aftermarket-brake-rotors-102805/)

Schantin 09-25-2009 07:35 PM

Aftermarket brake rotors

Done a little searching....and found a whole lot of nothing.

Are there aftermarket brake rotor kits for the JK? I'd like to put something on better than stock or "Napa" brand. I'm at 30K miles right now and the brakes are just starting to squeak.

BTW, I'll be running 16" Pro Comp 8069 rims in the next couple weeks....so can't go with anything too "big".

Info appreciated :)

tpm152 09-25-2009 07:43 PM

I had good luck with EBC pads and dimpled/slotted rotors on my old Jeep (great bite and surprisingly long pad life). The JKs have EBC pads available but no "upgraded" rotors. The only aftermarket "upgraded" rotors I've found are from brakeperformance.com[/url]

Hope this helps!

jkJason 09-25-2009 08:01 PM

I found a brand called frozen rotors that makes slotted rotors. Their web page is just their name. I wouldn't recommend cross drilled for fear of crap getting jammed up in the holes. I've never heard of frozen rotors before but they claim some sort of cryo' process during manufacturing. Just put in your make/model info an it will take you there.

jkJason 09-25-2009 08:13 PM

More

brakeworld online shows powerdisc and discitalia making slotted rotors for the jk too. Again my knowledge of these companies is zero so do some research on them, but they fit the app. Goodluck :thumbsup:

nangulator 09-26-2009 04:39 PM

I would suggest staying with stock rotors, Frozenrotors are great, I have put a bunch on "track only"cars, they are very pricey and you wont notice much of a difference on a daily driver, just my .02c.

JMP8562 09-26-2009 05:02 PM

:thinking: if you are going to run slotted or drilled rotors wont they have a GREAT chance to allow rocks (pebbels) to get lodged in the groves:dontknow2:

Schantin 09-26-2009 05:23 PM

Appreciate the responses. I checked the "brakeperformance.com" site. They have rotors, but gave no specs..... which is never a good sign. :thinking:

Guess I'll be looking at stock replacement rotors + better pads. The "big" companies, (ie Baer, Powerslot, SSBC, etc) don't seem to have a replacement rotor for the JK yet.

Adam3612 09-26-2009 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Schantin (Post 1353919)
Appreciate the responses. I checked the "brakeperformance.com" site. They have rotors, but gave no specs..... which is never a good sign. :thinking:

Guess I'll be looking at stock replacement rotors + better pads. The "big" companies, (ie Baer, Powerslot, SSBC, etc) don't seem to have a replacement rotor for the JK yet.

Check out Raybestos, they have replacement rotors for the JK. However if you arent happy with NAPA branded stuff then don't buy Raybestos because NAPA brake parts are actually just re-branded Raybestos brake parts.

Schantin 09-26-2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Adam3612 (Post 1353996)
Check out Raybestos, they have replacement rotors for the JK. However if you arent happy with NAPA branded stuff then don't buy Raybestos because NAPA brake parts are actually just re-branded Raybestos brake parts.

No, I never said I was unhappy with Napa. I was hoping to find a "true" upgrade, like Baer EradiSpeed (or similiar) rotors, etc. It seems that aftermarket performance upgrade rotors have not made it to the JK line-up yet.

Adam3612 09-26-2009 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Schantin (Post 1354009)
No, I never said I was unhappy with Napa. I was hoping to find a "true" upgrade, like Baer EradiSpeed (or similiar) rotors, etc. It seems that aftermarket performance upgrade rotors have not made it to the JK line-up yet.

My apologies, I misunderstood what you were looking for. Yeah there isnt too much available along the lines of performance brake parts, I've heard of a couple guys putting some kind of brembo conversion systems or something on their JK's tho.