Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket brake rotors

Old 09-25-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket brake rotors

Done a little searching....and found a whole lot of nothing.

Are there aftermarket brake rotor kits for the JK? I'd like to put something on better than stock or "Napa" brand. I'm at 30K miles right now and the brakes are just starting to squeak.

BTW, I'll be running 16" Pro Comp 8069 rims in the next couple weeks....so can't go with anything too "big".

Info appreciated
Old 09-25-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

I had good luck with EBC pads and dimpled/slotted rotors on my old Jeep (great bite and surprisingly long pad life). The JKs have EBC pads available but no "upgraded" rotors. The only aftermarket "upgraded" rotors I've found are from brakeperformance.com[/url]

Hope this helps!

Last edited by mkjeep; 09-26-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: no non sponsor linkys
Old 09-25-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a brand called frozen rotors that makes slotted rotors. Their web page is just their name. I wouldn't recommend cross drilled for fear of crap getting jammed up in the holes. I've never heard of frozen rotors before but they claim some sort of cryo' process during manufacturing. Just put in your make/model info an it will take you there.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Default More

brakeworld online shows powerdisc and discitalia making slotted rotors for the jk too. Again my knowledge of these companies is zero so do some research on them, but they fit the app. Goodluck
Old 09-26-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I would suggest staying with stock rotors, Frozenrotors are great, I have put a bunch on "track only"cars, they are very pricey and you wont notice much of a difference on a daily driver, just my .02c.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you are going to run slotted or drilled rotors wont they have a GREAT chance to allow rocks (pebbels) to get lodged in the groves
Old 09-26-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Appreciate the responses. I checked the "brakeperformance.com" site. They have rotors, but gave no specs..... which is never a good sign.

Guess I'll be looking at stock replacement rotors + better pads. The "big" companies, (ie Baer, Powerslot, SSBC, etc) don't seem to have a replacement rotor for the JK yet.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Schantin
Appreciate the responses. I checked the "brakeperformance.com" site. They have rotors, but gave no specs..... which is never a good sign.

Guess I'll be looking at stock replacement rotors + better pads. The "big" companies, (ie Baer, Powerslot, SSBC, etc) don't seem to have a replacement rotor for the JK yet.
Check out Raybestos, they have replacement rotors for the JK. However if you arent happy with NAPA branded stuff then don't buy Raybestos because NAPA brake parts are actually just re-branded Raybestos brake parts.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam3612
Check out Raybestos, they have replacement rotors for the JK. However if you arent happy with NAPA branded stuff then don't buy Raybestos because NAPA brake parts are actually just re-branded Raybestos brake parts.
No, I never said I was unhappy with Napa. I was hoping to find a "true" upgrade, like Baer EradiSpeed (or similiar) rotors, etc. It seems that aftermarket performance upgrade rotors have not made it to the JK line-up yet.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Schantin
No, I never said I was unhappy with Napa. I was hoping to find a "true" upgrade, like Baer EradiSpeed (or similiar) rotors, etc. It seems that aftermarket performance upgrade rotors have not made it to the JK line-up yet.
My apologies, I misunderstood what you were looking for. Yeah there isnt too much available along the lines of performance brake parts, I've heard of a couple guys putting some kind of brembo conversion systems or something on their JK's tho.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket brake rotors