Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket Rubicon Bumpers

Old 05-20-2023, 04:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket Rubicon Bumpers

Not sure if this is the correct place for this but I had a question… Has anyone bought and tried one of the aftermarket rubicon hard rock style bumpers that are on eBay? They are around 350 and come with the hoop and winch plate. All of that stuff from Jeep would be over 1500 bucks. Just looking for thoughts. I’m usually firmly against knockoff stuff but it is steal so… I don’t know.
Old 05-20-2023, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Depends, you can always repaint a bumper. Some knockoffs are better than others

Last edited by JeepLiam; 05-20-2023 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-20-2023, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 358 Likes on 334 Posts

Compare the specs.. steel thickness, weight with the others being considered.. You should anticipate some fitment issues might be present; e.g. the mounting holes are off just a mm or 2. If so you can "hog" them out with files or die grinder.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did- and I have no complaints. I went stubby style with no endcaps. After a year, I need to repaint it, so I assume there's either lesser quality paint, or lesser quality steel altogether- `but being on a budget, I've been VERY happy with my decision.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Rubicon Bumpers