Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Air Compressor

Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Compressor

Have a new Viair 450 compressor and am looking for a place to mount it. It fit under the hood of my 79 but definitely not on my 07 Unlimited.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, have a great day.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

back corner of trunk space?
(is it an on-board air type thing or is it for lockers/suspension)
Seen some home made brackets that mounted the compressor for on-board air units that were located right by where the cage comes down into the rear end. Or snugged up in the corner behind the back seats (if 4dr).

Depending how big it is you could also make some sort of protected enclosure box in the back that basically locks it away so random things in the trunk dont knock it around. Sort of like those security boxes that water-jugs go in on golf courses. Access to the goods, but no way of damaging it.
/shrug just idea's i suppose right? ;D
Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got some room in my JK...just mail it here and I will get it mounted.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks for the idea

Originally Posted by pentz.7
back corner of trunk space?
(is it an on-board air type thing or is it for lockers/suspension)
Seen some home made brackets that mounted the compressor for on-board air units that were located right by where the cage comes down into the rear end. Or snugged up in the corner behind the back seats (if 4dr).

Depending how big it is you could also make some sort of protected enclosure box in the back that basically locks it away so random things in the trunk dont knock it around. Sort of like those security boxes that water-jugs go in on golf courses. Access to the goods, but no way of damaging it.
/shrug just idea's i suppose right? ;D
Thanks for the info, I am probably going to mount it on the fenderwell in the back like you said. Seems to fit and it looks pretty easy.

Take care, Paul.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default On the way

Originally Posted by brent_f70
I've got some room in my JK...just mail it here and I will get it mounted.
OK, it's on the way, NOT!

Actually this was a gift 3 years ago from the wife, finally getting around to it!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

good luck~ interested to hear how yours comes out w/ installation.
and so my endless list of things to do to mine becomes a little more... endless ><
Old 02-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
VIAIR Representative

Try h ttp://2trackmindsoffroad.com/ if I'm not mistaken they sell a bracket that should be able to accomodate mounting the unit under the hood. Can't verify it at this point because I am still wating to get one for myself so that I can recommend them with a little more confidence
Old 02-25-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on the bracket. It mounts next to the brake booster and the noise stays in the engine compartment. Heck you could even fab this part easily. Available on ebay from 2 tracks engineering.

My favorite: Mount it behind the right rear taillight. There is a small space behind there and it would be hidden. Again the compressor noise would stay outside. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...3&postcount=26

Old 02-25-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks, I ordered it!

Originally Posted by Viair
Try h ttp://2trackmindsoffroad.com/ if I'm not mistaken they sell a bracket that should be able to accomodate mounting the unit under the hood. Can't verify it at this point because I am still wating to get one for myself so that I can recommend them with a little more confidence
The hyperlink is http://2trackmindsoffroad.com/Projec...sJK/index.html

The website is terrible but looks to be under construction. I called and spoke with Jason and ordered one after he e-mailed me pictures.

It should be here by the first of the week so I will try to put it in by tuesday.

Thanks, hoping to have this buttoned up by TDS next weekend!

Paul.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VictorS
x2 on the bracket. It mounts next to the brake booster and the noise stays in the engine compartment. Heck you could even fab this part easily. Available on ebay from 2 tracks engineering.

My favorite: Mount it behind the right rear taillight. There is a small space behind there and it would be hidden. Again the compressor noise would stay outside. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...3&postcount=26

Very cool, thanks!

I ordered the mounting plate as it would take me longer than $85 to do it!

Quick Reply: Air Compressor