Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment issue. Or non issue?

Old 09-25-2012, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment issue. Or non issue?

Got my alignment checked today. Is this normal as result of wheeling 3 times a week this summer? Or a serious issue?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3755328293.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	370549  
Old 09-25-2012, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

bump... Anyone with knowledge on this?
Old 09-25-2012, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clearly your toe and your camber are off. Neither of which is a good thing. At the very least it is going to cause tire wear issues. Without any real numbers to see just how far out you are its kind of hard to say if its serious. You probably do something about it if thats what your wondering.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

The camber could new a bent c or balljoints. My passenger side looks similar to yours with the camber measurement. The tires should have a slight toe in. Yours are toe out. At the least I would recomend a front end alignment which can be found on this forum. A how to guide. Good luck with it
Old 09-25-2012, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

I think I asked the wrong question. Sorry.

Is this issue caused from too much wheeling? Too much wheeling and not enough maintenance? Or "it just comes with the territory of wheeling, period"?

I'm only a year into owning my JK, so I'm not sure if this is normal behavior for a jeep or just a jeep that wheels A LOT, like 3 trips a month in the summer months. (The wheeling bug bit me hard. Haha.)
Old 09-25-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes wheeling it could definitely have affected your alignment. Vehicles don't typically go out of alignment for no reason. Some force has to act on a suspension part to knock it out of alignment. Or something has worn out and has caused your alignment issues. Either way its most likely something you've done be it rock crawling, hitting a curb, big pothole, etc.

Quick Reply: Alignment issue. Or non issue?