Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

American Eagle Wheels - weak?

Old 07-31-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Eagle Wheels - weak?

I was just looking at some American Eagle Series 186 in a 16x8 (they look almost identical to Mickey Thompson Classic II's), when I noticed the load rating on them was 2100lbs, which seems pretty low compared to other wheels I've been looking at. Are American Eagle wheels not really meant for offroading?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:03 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nachoninja
I was just looking at some American Eagle Series 186 in a 16x8 (they look almost identical to Mickey Thompson Classic II's), when I noticed the load rating on them was 2100lbs, which seems pretty low compared to other wheels I've been looking at. Are American Eagle wheels not really meant for offroading?
I'm running the series 186 in a 15 X 8, with 33" tires. I've put them through there paces, and scratched them up on rocks a bit. They are doing fine. BTW, the generally look like the MT Classic II's but they have a finish on them. I bought these because I don't need to polish them. I just pressure wash and dry.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like a clear coat? I wondered what the Super Finish meant. I think that seals the deal then. This way I don't have to wait for another 2 or 3 months. Thanks.

Quick Reply: American Eagle Wheels - weak?