Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another dumb driveshaft length

Old 10-19-2014, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another dumb driveshaft length

Hello everyone. 2 replacement axles arrived recently from dynatrac, a front replacement pr44 to replace the dreaded Dana 30 and a trail series 60. What a thing !!! It's nice to see them on the Internet but in reality the my look so much better.
Tech question: I ordered my TS60 with a pro rock 60 pumpkin and a 1350 yoke because I needed a tougher rear ds. For a rear "treat it as a prorock60" does the driveshaft needs to be shortened for a 2 door JK ? Or is there any direct replacement shaft ?
Old 10-19-2014, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

I would say when you remove the factory shaft take a measurement and then take the same measurement with the 60. If you are ordering a new one give Adam's a call. They will make one to fit your specific setup. They are more then willing to discuss your needs and make you exactly what you need.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:34 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

The rear will be shorter due to the larger differential. You can simply measure the distance from the center of the shaft to the flange to find the difference. 1310 shafts are fine for a dana 60 unless you are running a V8 as the hp from the stocker motors is not enough to break them.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The rear will be shorter due to the larger differential. You can simply measure the distance from the center of the shaft to the flange to find the difference. 1310 shafts are fine for a dana 60 unless you are running a V8 as the hp from the stocker motors is not enough to break them.
Chose the 1350 for that exact reason ! Running a V8 !!

Quick Reply: Another dumb driveshaft length