Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another stupid question about wheel spacers....

Old 09-06-2007, 01:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another stupid question about wheel spacers....

I'll be taking delivery of my 08' in a couple of weeks and I'm pre-ordering some of my mods. Question is: What is the bolt pattern on a JK? My current Jeep is 5 X 4.5. Are they all the same?

I know....I could probably find out for myself if I put a little effort into a search but, I don't have a lot of posts'..I just wanted to put this one out there...lol
Old 09-06-2007, 02:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

5x5.........................
Old 09-06-2007, 02:42 AM
-

just go to quadratec or any other site and then go to the JK section, they have stuff separated because it dosent fit the older models
Old 09-06-2007, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

It is 5 on 5. I too will be picking up my 08 Rubi soon (totalled my 07 X). You will see that the wheel selection is pretty limited for the 5 on 5 bold pattern. You also must watch the backspacing on aftermarket wheels. The rims I liked came with 5 inch back spacing and not in 5 on 5 so I ordered wheel adapters from Spidertrax to change the 5 on 5 to a 5 on 5.5 and they are 1 3/8 thick which will pull the wheels outward reducing the backspacing to 3 5/8". I have found a ton of information in these forums.. I believe the backspacing should be between 3.5 - 4. I think it also depends on what size tire you plan on running...
I to have been slowly collecting parts for my JK.. So far the wheels, adapters and bushwacker fender flares are sitting in my garage just waiting... Skyjacker 5" for the 2-door is next as well as 37" Toyos... Then the "Woods" bumper mods are next....

Quick Reply: Another stupid question about wheel spacers....