Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any guesses on how much lift this rubicon is running?

Old 06-09-2019, 08:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by JPfinatic
By looking at it, the control arms, both upper and lower, have been changed as well as the pitman arm.
So you have a drop pitman, not the stock, correct? Is there a trackbar bracket as well? (The draglink and trackbar need to remain roughly parallel, so there should be a bracket.)

With a draglink flip, you need to remove the drop pitman and go back to stock, and if there is a trackbar bracket currently, it needs to come off also (assuming a new bracket is coming with the steersmart kit?).
Old 06-09-2019, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually like the way it looks. I don't mind spending the money to make the Jeep ride the way it should and have the lift in place.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

It does have a dropped pitman arm and I will be using Smart Steers bracket for relocating the trackbar
I will have to order a factory pitman arm. Thanks for the heads up there.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by JPfinatic
I actually like the way it looks. I don't mind spending the money to make the Jeep ride the way it should and have the lift in place.
people are trying to help but you obviously don't want help. a simple photo of your set up will allow people to tell you what the heck you have. Most kits that use pitman drop arms are not good lifts. hell you might have a spacer lift etc. If you don't have the correct set up a Yeti steersmart high steer won't really do much for you.. good luck... I am out of here.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jadmt
people are trying to help but you obviously don't want help. a simple photo of your set up will allow people to tell you what the heck you have. Most kits that use pitman drop arms are not good lifts. hell you might have a spacer lift etc. If you don't have the correct set up a Yeti steersmart high steer won't really do much for you.. good luck... I am out of here.
Not sure what's elevated your blood pressure! I've been responding, thankfully, to all who have chimed in. I haven't had the opportunity to take pictures of the jeep where you had asked and post them. Thanks for the well wishes....

Quick Reply: Any guesses on how much lift this rubicon is running?