Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any Issues Mixing BB with Coil Lift?

Old 10-27-2010, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Issues Mixing BB with Coil Lift?

Just wondering if there are any major issues installing a BB Lift Spacer on top of a 2.5" Coil Lift? Currently I run a RC 2.5" Coil Lift with 2.2 Shocks, and a buddy just put a bigger lift on his JK and is giving the BB Spacers away. I know that 3/4" & 1" spacers are available for leveling out the factory rake. I also know that some on the forum are running these size spacers with a Coil Lift. Is it possible to run 2.5" BB Spacers with a 2.5" Coli Lift(effectively lifting 5", and if so what do I need to modify...ie driveshaft, tackbar, etc. Any and all feedback is much appreciated.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this just such an outlandish situation/proposal that nobody wants to chime in. I eventually want to upgrade to a 4-6" long Arm Lift, so it is only a temporay thing. Either that or I'll stick to my original plan which was to run a LCG Rig and just stick with my 2.5" Coil/Spring Lift, chop the fenders and run 35's
Old 10-28-2010, 04:09 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This from FAQ........

Q: What are all the components that I will need with a 4" lift?
A: For a 4" lift, you should have a set of 4" coils, bump stop extensions, longer shocks, extended brake lines, longer sway bar links, adjustable front track bar, adjustable rear track bar, front and rear track bar relocation brackets, dropped pitman arm, adjustable upper and lower control arms front and rear and new double cardin u-joint style drive shafts.

Although there are some on here running with less of the required components. It depends on how crappy of a ride, handling and function you wanna put up with. Your shocks will prolly be too short, the sway links will be too short, your axles will be off center without the proper brackets or adj trackbars, and your castor will be off so much as your handling will suffer.Just to name a few.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You could probably run the shock extensions from the bb if you got new longer shocks with your coil lift. You will need longer bumpstops, brakelines and swaybar links. I don't think you need both adjustable trackbars and trackbar relocation brakets. You will also want a dropped pitman arm at some point but I think WOL ran a 4.5 without one for 3 months or more. You just need to accept that there will be bumpsteer. I also dont think you need fancy new driveshafts on an unlimited. I thinks it's one if those things where you do the basics ( bumpstops brake lines swaybar links and shock extensions) and add the rest once you drive it and see a need for parts. I think you will want front lca's but I'm going to try a 4.5 inch without them in a few weeks as I'm cash strapped. If I need thing I'll buy them.

Quick Reply: Any Issues Mixing BB with Coil Lift?