Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anybody taken the "cheap header plunge"?

Old 03-21-2017, 04:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody taken the "cheap header plunge"?

Hey all! Before I ask, I have researched this, but have not found much. I assume it's like anything else. You get what you pay for...

That being said, is anyone running Pacesetter LT's on their 3.8? How'd they fit? Good/bad things to say? I'm not expecting RIPP results, but wanted to see if anyone had any feedback. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2017, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default Yup. Me.

Originally Posted by borelord1989
Hey all! Before I ask, I have researched this, but have not found much. I assume it's like anything else. You get what you pay for...

That being said, is anyone running Pacesetter LT's on their 3.8? How'd they fit? Good/bad things to say? I'm not expecting RIPP results, but wanted to see if anyone had any feedback. Thanks!
I installed the obx racing stainless long tubes a couple of years ago. Noticeable improvement in mid range torque. My3.8 is supercharged and interestingly the headers did not seem to change the absolute WOT performance but highway cruise performance was improved in that it sails over hills it used to downshift for so it seems to have altered the shape of the torque or HP curve. No leaks, no rust, no issues so far except I had them ceramic coated and the coating is coming off. Head shields on plug wires where they are near the headers and no burnt wire problems.

The only thing I regret is not getting them wrapped before installation.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SAJK
I installed the obx racing stainless long tubes a couple of years ago. Noticeable improvement in mid range torque. My3.8 is supercharged and interestingly the headers did not seem to change the absolute WOT performance but highway cruise performance was improved in that it sails over hills it used to downshift for so it seems to have altered the shape of the torque or HP curve. No leaks, no rust, no issues so far except I had them ceramic coated and the coating is coming off. Head shields on plug wires where they are near the headers and no burnt wire problems.

The only thing I regret is not getting them wrapped before installation.

Good to know. I'm not supercharged. Mine is a 6-speed, 3.73's.
These the ones?

https://www.amazon.com/OBX-Performan.../dp/B008MNNEWI
Old 03-26-2017, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default Yep !

Originally Posted by borelord1989
Good to know. I'm not supercharged. Mine is a 6-speed, 3.73's.
These the ones?

https://www.amazon.com/OBX-Performan.../dp/B008MNNEWI
The very ones. Note. No cats in front if you have a 4 cat exhaust.

Quick Reply: Anybody taken the "cheap header plunge"?