Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is anybody using a chip to modify your power and fuel economy

Old 04-03-2013, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

20 mpg, cruise control set at 57 mph... Of course, in the slow lane. :-) Hit the dirt and mpg drops drastically :-)
Old 04-03-2013, 02:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heh... I was getting 9 mpg towing my trailer. I've stopped worrying about mpg. I have a Superchips to correct my spedo and shift points and enjoy the little bit more "umph" I get from the engine now.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

If I were you I'd be pretty damn happy with 21 and not change a thing!!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased a Superchips Flashpaq unit and the first tune I'm trying out is their Mileage XS tune. I'll see how it goes as far as fuel economy goes.

The Flashpaq seems to be the device used by most members on here who are using a tuner. Probably because of all the options you can pick from (tire size/speedometer calibration, TPMS adjustment, different octane tunes, 4wd mode modifcations, etc.).
Old 04-03-2013, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

After years of reading threads here, don't worry about the MPG. I know many of us use them for daily drivers.... Best to invest in other cool items. I yet to see an earthy crunchy jeep get a good MPGs. The key is to change your driving habbits like no more punching at the change of lights or going over 65 on the hwy. My best way to solve this issue.... Drive an old Mazda Protege for years as a second car and the savings was huge. Enough to buy 35s

Quick Reply: Is anybody using a chip to modify your power and fuel economy