Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have similar issues when ordering from Extreme Terrain?

Old 10-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are another supporting vendor here at JK Forum. We have a discount code "JKFORUM" that will give you extra savings at checkout and I'm always available by PM here, phone at 832-526-2415, or email at marcus@RiverCityOffroad.com. We have a lot online at RiverCityOffroad.com and if you don't see it, that doesn't mean we can't help. Give me a shout and we'll get you fixed up!

I can help with tech support, have extremely competitive pricing, and strive for over the top customer service. We offer free shipping on orders of $70.00 or more and flat rate $10.00 on orders under $70. We ship orders the same day and something is out of stock I'll call you before I ever charge your credit card with an estimated ETA or an alternative product that can ship immediately. It is rare that we don't have what you're after though.

I have a ton of experience with JKs and can answer your questions before you purchase and help with tech support after you receive your parts.

Give us a shot. We have tons of happy customers all over the world and if you're in Texas we have one of the lowest tax rates in the state.

We are on Facebook and Instagram as River City Offroad as well. Give us a follow!

Thanks!

Marcus
Old 10-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Retailer offering the lowest price, free shipping, and no tax is what gets my biz......and that is most often Northridge using a discount code. Northridge also has great customer service and has an online chat that is quick and responsive for small inquires. Every now and then I'll order something from Quadtratec as they do offer some things you can't find on other sites, but since they charge tax on sales to Texas it's not a preferred site for me. I would note that they will discount for Forum members, but you have to call them up....keep that in mind if you ever order something.
Hey there,

We do not charge tax to Texas residents. Only PA and NV residents are charged tax. We also offer discounts to JK-F members!

Originally Posted by MTNBKR
I mainly use Quadratec and Northridge. Great service and free shipping when over specified amounts
Thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
out of all the vendors . My orders arrive quickly and no damage or headaches
ive ordered from most of them and Quadratec has gained my trust on pricing and
delivery . off road elements is good too. So these two will do for any of my purchases
where others have failed in one way or another.
Thanks so much for your orders - we do appreciate them!

Originally Posted by japatton@icloud.com
Northridge for big items and Quadratec for little stuff. I’ve actually visited Northridge’s CO location and met a few of the guys. A really good, knowledgeable group! I like sticking to one company like Northridge as that maintains a history of all of the components I have purchased and they can offer advice on future upgrades if I have questions.
Thanks for the orders!

Just so everyone is aware:

We do offer discounts to JK-F users! For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: RobW@quadratec.com Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick
Old 11-03-2017, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extreme Terrain just lied to me about items being in stock as well. I ordered a hood decal and two Daystar center hood vents ( the second vent is just a spare and not needed now). I noticed today the order hadn't shipped and on my order status it showed the vents as backordered, but online it still shows as "In stock, ready to ship". Their explanation was that they only have one of them in stock, so I said that's fine, please just ship me the one you do have and the decal, and backorder the one. She then claimed she would have to make a request to do it that way, and it would take several days to process the request. I think they were just stalling and don't have the parts at all. 😠
Old 11-06-2017, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

I use Northridge 4x4 for everything. They're Jeepers and have product knowledge and real world experience with the products they sell. They've always got promotions going on for something and their prices are hard to beat.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ragnarok_jku
I use Northridge 4x4 for everything. They're Jeepers and have product knowledge and real world experience with the products they sell. They've always got promotions going on for something and their prices are hard to beat.
Just ordered a Synergy trackbar from them on Friday, arrived today. With the JK-FORUM discount I got a little over $20 off on it too. I won't say always, but o order most of what I can from them.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default extreme terrain

i recently orderd a smittybuilt roof tent and smittybuilt src roof rack from them for a long planned trip orderd weeks in advance tent shows up fine but roof rack was destroyed and missing over 1/2 of parts so they said a replacement was on the way and for 5 days straight i called them daily for the tracking info on replacement rack each time they said its on the way and i should have a tracking # soon on the morning of the 5th day i called again to see if they had a tracking # to provide and again they said its in transit and i should have in a few days that evening i get an email that says its been back orderd and wont be availiable untill the 18th of next month??? wtf?? they lied to me for 5 days and as of today i still have not got my 499.00 back
Old 07-11-2018, 05:02 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by kayo
i recently orderd a smittybuilt roof tent and smittybuilt src roof rack from them for a long planned trip orderd weeks in advance tent shows up fine but roof rack was destroyed and missing over 1/2 of parts so they said a replacement was on the way and for 5 days straight i called them daily for the tracking info on replacement rack each time they said its on the way and i should have a tracking # soon on the morning of the 5th day i called again to see if they had a tracking # to provide and again they said its in transit and i should have in a few days that evening i get an email that says its been back orderd and wont be availiable untill the 18th of next month??? wtf?? they lied to me for 5 days and as of today i still have not got my 499.00 back
One does need to keep in mind that a lot of items, especially large things, are drop shipped from manufacture warehouses. It's not like these guys have a big stock they are shipping to you personally. That said, profit margins on parts is pretty skinny, and when selecting where to purchase from, the thing that typically makes the difference in your experience is customer service. They should have had some better communication with wherever that was being shipped from.

That really sucks.....I know that kind of disappointment first hand. I ordered some wheels not long back (not from them, but same type deal).....got shipping/tracking/delivery date info. I checked for a week straight cuz I wasn't seeing updated tracking, but had a delivery date. Kept being told they probably just missed the scan going out. Day of scheduled delivery, get a message that the wheels were backordered and wouldn't be showing up!
Old 07-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

As of today, Amazon sets the benchmark for any vendor trying to sell retail products online. They all realize this.

- low prices
- different vendors/retailers competing for your business under the same roof.
- Easy returns and order cancelling
- customer reviews with ability to include pics and video with those reviews
- community Q&A
- Seller feedback ratings
- Automatic similar product comparison shopping
- Shopping convenience, app available on all of your electronic devices.

I'll purchase from any of the retailers mentioned, just have that order fulfilled by Amazon and I'm happy.

Extreme Terrain didn't ship my order, or provide the shipping details? Amazon has a solution for that, I just click on this button and let Amazon manage that for me while I go purchase it from a different seller on Amazon.

Last edited by Rednroll; 07-11-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I buy exclusively from amazon or Quadratec. With the exception of parts they don’t offer, ie metalcloak control arms. My lStirder, Quadratec shorted me my front shocks, I called in and they were in my hands three days later, no questions asked. Couldn’t ask for better service than that.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Northridge4x4. If you aren't ordering everything from them...you're wrong. Their prices can't be beat. They also usually ALWAYS have promo codes active. Try either "JKFORUM" or "WAYALIFE" and you'll get 15% off whatever you're ordering with free shipping. Amazon is cool, but you better be damn sure you have the correct part numbers and know EXACTLY what you're buying. Even then, I've still found better deals on Northridge 99.99% of the time.

I've never had a single negative experience with Northridge either. I've given them upwards of $10-15k now, and will continue to shop there first. Extreme terrain, Quadratec, and 4wd? Hell no, they can eat my butt. Northridge staff are both knowledgable, and stand behind what they sell. Not to mention, they have unbeatable prices on literally everything. Wrong part? No problem, send the old one back and the new one is already on the way. Great website (as a marketer, they have the best UX/UI out of any Jeep parts site) and very easy to navigate; No guess work when it comes to what's in stock and what'll fit your Jeep.

I have never, and will never order from Extreme Terrain, 4WheelParts, Quadratec, 4wd.com, or Morris4x4. There's really no reason to give them your business unless everywhere else is out of stock. Honestly, I'm impressed they're all still in business. Hands down Northridge is the BEST retailer online/in person.

Tldr; If you're not shopping exclusively at Northridge4x4...you're an idiot.

Last edited by BoraBora; 07-14-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have similar issues when ordering from Extreme Terrain?