Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone have Yukon gears?

Old 02-21-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Yukon gears?

just wondering if anyone was running Yukon gears and how they compare to the Superior. They're about $150 higher than the superior gears, (the price I was quoted vs price of superiors from Norhridge). Just wondering if anyone had experience with these gears
Old 02-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They are selling superior gears.

David
Old 02-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Not sure but all the JK gears out there right now are superiors.

David
Old 02-21-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Hey bayoujeeper Cajun Offroad in Lafayette is putting in my 5.13s in a week they said it was Yukon gears.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hank3
Hey bayoujeeper Cajun Offroad in Lafayette is putting in my 5.13s in a week they said it was Yukon gears.
I've been told the same thing. Also, there evidence that Superior = Yukon (or the other way), at least for some gear sets. Here's another post on the subject:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/351002-post/
Old 02-21-2008, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Northridge is correct Yukon is selling Superior gears in a Yukon box (very common practice (as I sure there are some Superior gears for other axles that are from Yukon)

That being said I would just go with the Superior. Cheaper, easier warranty issue's and Superior is on here helping out all the time.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepguru
Northridge is correct Yukon is selling Superior gears in a Yukon box (very common practice (as I sure there are some Superior gears for other axles that are from Yukon)

That being said I would just go with the Superior. Cheaper, easier warranty issue's and Superior is on here helping out all the time.
Superior are likely forged in the U.S. while yukon are indian.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Superior are likely forged in the U.S. while yukon are indian.
NOT exactly
Old 02-21-2008, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepguru

Well, I would go with superior gears but all of the shops around here will only install gears they order themselves, and they all have suppliers that carry Yukon gears. They won't install superior gears due to warranty issues
Old 02-22-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BayouJeeper
Well, I would go with superior gears but all of the shops around here will only install gears they order themselves, and they all have suppliers that carry Yukon gears. They won't install superior gears due to warranty issues
That is the same in my area. I guess they, as installers, have different warranties? Yukon is charging the same price for the gears as Superior is; in my neck of the woods.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Yukon gears?