Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running JKS ACOS.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running JKS ACOS.

I have a 08 Unlimited Rubicon and plan on running tires no larger than 35”, winch, and steel bumpers. What would the pros vs cons be compared to running a TF 2.5 coil lift? Would I have to change any other front or rear suspension/steering components?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would recommend raising the front of the Jeep a little to even it out for the extra weight added to the front. Also a better steering stabilizer helps. It's not required but helps.

Are you running a manual or automatic transmission? The angle of the driveshafts might be a question.. I did not do any research on the unlimited model, but from my understanding on the 2dr going above a 2.5" lift with 35's the driveshafts are in danger. If i remember correctly the unlimited's you need to replace them earlier than a standard 2dr.

But i could be wrong.. Just going from what I've read in the past.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default You"ll be fine

I'm running them up front maxed out with my 35s and they work great. You won't need anything else at all. I've never had any problems.

If it settles too much after you add the bumper and winch you can always add the coils later and adjust the arcos spacers down.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I run them up front in addition to my coil lift. They are awesome!

Quick Reply: Anyone running JKS ACOS.