Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone running the smittybuilt skinny flat fenders? Are they good or bad?

Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boom stick 942z
I am looking for new fenders because the awsomely designes plastic ones that came stock are falling off because of thos $5 plastic clips. the smittybuilt metal ones look pretty sweet and they are some of the cheaper ones any thoughts on weather they suck or if im making a good buy? thanks
Or you could just cut the factory ones.. And if you trash one on the trail, you can find them in Craigslist for 20 bones...
Old 03-14-2013, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go back and forth about cutting my stock fenders but I just don't think I could bring myself to cut up some perfectly good fenders.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cudda
I go back and forth about cutting my stock fenders but I just don't think I could bring myself to cut up some perfectly good fenders.
Aren't you just going to trash them if you replace them anyway? I'd say its worth a shot... There is a really good instructional You Tube video on it that will take some of the fear out of the first cut...
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

And it shall look,,,,, like this....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2157751073.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	436062  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish Bullfrog

Aren't you just going to trash them if you replace them anyway? I'd say its worth a shot... There is a really good instructional You Tube video on it that will take some of the fear out of the first cut...
You make a good point, but I don't know if I would trash them or not. I guess there is no reason in keeping them as I doubt I would put them back on. Like I said I go back and forth on whether I want to try cutting or just buying. I need to figure this out soon because I hate the look of the stock flares.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cudda

You make a good point, but I don't know if I would trash them or not. I guess there is no reason in keeping them as I doubt I would put them back on. Like I said I go back and forth on whether I want to try cutting or just buying. I need to figure this out soon because I hate the look of the stock flares.
Try cutting. I'm still looking to replace my stocks, but they look great cut!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3941869611.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	436292  

Quick Reply: Anyone running the smittybuilt skinny flat fenders? Are they good or bad?