Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone used Lizard Skin for sound deadining???

Old 10-30-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used Lizard Skin for sound deadining???

Some of you have seen this on Xtreme4x4 as well. It caught my attention but would like to here some reviews other than their paid sponsorship of Xtreme4x4. Is anybody running it??? Looks easy to install for about $200. http://www.lizardskin.com/pages/sound_control.php
If it actually works I'm going to do my tub and hard top.

Last edited by Robar; 10-30-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 10-30-2010, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

I just did my front drivers/passengers floor board with DEI Boommat. Its seems pretty good, but I just did it to absorb some of the road vibrations since installing the mopar rubber floor liner...works good for my purpose
Old 04-13-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Its been a few years so maybe more people have used Lizard Skin. Bumping up for hopefully more comments. Considering bed liner but don't want too much increase in noise.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

I had the ceramic Lizard Skin sprayed on the underside of my hard top. The top gets ridiculously hot here in Phoenix during the summer. It gets to the point that its too hot to touch. I was worried about my kids getting burned and you can feel the heat while driving. It has made a tremendous difference. I can now touch the inside of the top after it has sat outside for hours. I am very pleased with the wear of it. The only drawback is the texture (it is like lizard skin). It catches the material on the inside of the storage bags and pulls it out and stays attached. It ends up kind of like the fake spider-web stuff at Halloween - difficult to remove it all.
Click image for larger version

Name:	roof.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	541226

Click image for larger version

Name:	panel.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	541227

Quick Reply: Anyone used Lizard Skin for sound deadining???