Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB OME 2" lift

Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ARB OME 2" lift

Greetings Everyone,

I've been trolling a while on this forum and a few others and I've finally decided to make a post and ask a few questions.

I'm going to be going with Old Man Emu because they've been around for a long time and I've got a few friends running their stuff and it seems to work great, but before I start ordering I want to make sure I have all of my bases covered.

First here's what I've got and what I plan on running:

2dr Sport with a 6-speed

I got a good deal on a set of Rubi rims so I will be running them with a set of Spidertrax wheels spacers.

Fender Trim

Rubber to the road will be a set of 35'' BFG KM2 w/ full size spare.

So my questions about the kits are the following:

Do I need the heavy or light truck application? Currently I'm not running any aftermarket bumpers but would like to upgrade f/r later down the road, but this may not be for a year or two.

The Kit comes with shocks and springs. From everything that I have read, these lifts typically net between 2.5-3.5'' of lift in when actually installed. A lot of the other lifts with 2.5''+ come with many extra components, do I need to get anything else? Brake extenstions, sway bars, etc.

Is there anything else I'm forgetting that I need to do?
Old 11-07-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Which components you will want depends on your personal tolerance, and which of the 15+ different OME coils you get. A good place to start is the FAQ's at the top of this modified area. If you don't plan on heavy bumpers, medium or light coils should be fine. If you do plan on adding a bunch of weight, go for the heavy coils and deal with issues as they arise. At 2", you won't need anything else. (want, maybe). Over 3", added components become more desired. Axle centering, caster correction, longer brake lines, bumpstops, longer links front and rear, upper arms for the new rear driveshaft, etc. You could also go out to northridges website and look at the OME Long Travel kit they put together - not a bad kit, if you want to spend a bit more.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it and I like the ride a lot. Check out Northridge 4x4. Dave runs the kit with JKS F&R Trackbars for a real good price. If you plan to add weight, you may want to go with the HD set. I didn't at first and had to go with a front space to level it out later. If you do go with HD's expect a lot more than the advertised 2".... It will surprise you how high it sits. The only change I made was that I added Bilstein's because I really like the way they dampen at higher speeds off-road. The OME shocks are killer too, just a little different feel on pavement.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that site is a great resource! Thanks, that's one I had yet to come across!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David @ Northridge will help you out with the coil selection based on your build.

I'd recommend making the OME complete... out of the box without some additional parts the kit won't be so special. I'd strongly recommend saving & doing it right the first time.

If you're gonna wheel it really hard & have time/space for maintenance (& a little more $) think about the long travel version of the kit. Otherwise the standard kit is pretty solid with a few additions.

Quick Reply: ARB OME 2" lift