Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB solenoid puking gear oil

Old 11-30-2013, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB solenoid puking gear oil

Curious if anyone has had this issue. I have a PR44 with arb. About a month ago I had a ton of gear oil puking out of the solenoid on the arb compressor. Off Road evo replaced the seals on the arb and the solenoid compliments of dynatrac s warranty. Today I noticed some gear oil coming from the solenoid again. Ugh. I haven't used the front locker since the rebuild because I have a new suspension going on and the coilovers I have are already sold. Didn't wanna damage anything that is sold. Of course I did ensure it was engaging/disengaging properly after the rebuild but I haven't wheeled it anywhere that required the front locker. My vent tube is completely clear as well. Any ideas why it would go out again so soon?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:34 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the copper air line inside your diff has a hole in it.Most likely from the ring rubbing on it.This happen us where it wore a small hole in the tubing causing oil to cough back through the compressor

Quick Reply: ARB solenoid puking gear oil