Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aries or Fab Four

Old 02-22-2014, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aries or Fab Four

I'm new just got a 09 JK 4 door hardtop and I'm trying to pick out a bumper still have stock suspension looking at the Aries or Fab Four Front bumper any thoughts
Old 02-22-2014, 10:25 AM
JK Junkie

You asked for thoughts? I think that much weight is foolish with stock suspension. You'll need to factor in the cost of coil spacers or new coils to add to the bumper.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls
You asked for thoughts? I think that much weight is foolish with stock suspension. You'll need to factor in the cost of coil spacers or new coils to add to the bumper.
That's one reason I was leaning towards the Aries, if I went with the Fab Four what kind of coils would be good, also looking for new track bars
Old 02-22-2014, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

You said you've got stock suspension and sine you didn't mention anything otherwise, I'd assume you'd like to keep it stock? If I were in your spot then I would consider either coil spacers ($50 max) or a low level lift coil. Synergy, rock krawler, etc will make a 1.5" coil, a 2" may work since you do have the 4dr.

Why are you looking for new track bars? Again- you said you've got stock suspension- so what do you hope to accomplish with new track bars?
Old 02-22-2014, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls
You said you've got stock suspension and sine you didn't mention anything otherwise, I'd assume you'd like to keep it stock? If I were in your spot then I would consider either coil spacers ($50 max) or a low level lift coil. Synergy, rock krawler, etc will make a 1.5" coil, a 2" may work since you do have the 4dr.

Why are you looking for new track bars? Again- you said you've got stock suspension- so what do you hope to accomplish with new track bars?
I've had a lol wobble in the tires, so I was going to start with bushings and a track bar, suspension I'm still looking at what I'm going to do. I don't want it to high because it is my daily. I'm ruining 17's with 28's on them. Still new to all of this I went from a 09 Bmw 750 to the jeep because I'm in the mountains but my passion is deff taking from stock and make it something original. I've got the AEM brute force intake on, smitty built nerf bars, and the rugged ridge grill inserts and tail guards.

Quick Reply: Aries or Fab Four