Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

atomic axles road noise

Old 09-14-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atomic axles road noise

I came across a heck of a deal on some atomic axles for my jk. They are ready to bolt right in so I bought them and they are on there way. My concern is that I drive the jeep on the road more then the woods. My plan is to fit 37" toyos mt under it with what ever lift i will need. Once I get the axles under it i'll know more about what lift. Does any body know what kind of highway mannors theese things have. Do they vibrate or make alot of noise. I figure if I dont like them I wouldnt have a hard time selling them or I could all ways build me a buggy and put them in it. I know they are awsome off road but does anybody know what they are like on the road,
Old 09-14-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your not the one that bought the ones rusty's offroad was selling were you? It was a heck of a deal
Old 09-14-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can't anwser your question.. but when you get them under your jeep let's see some pics
Old 09-14-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

I did not buy them from rusty's. I will put up pics after i finish the entire build. Its going to be awsome. There is a long list of parts going into this thing,its just getting everything here so we can get started. The magnasun supercharger will be here next week along with the axles. Once I get the axles I can start tire and lift fitment. Im not sure but Im thinking 2" lift with 37x13.50 toyos on 20x10 fuel wheels. Cant wait to get it all here.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think we need to see some pictures of those sweet axles!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swede78
I did not buy them from rusty's. I will put up pics after i finish the entire build. Its going to be awsome. There is a long list of parts going into this thing,its just getting everything here so we can get started. The magnasun supercharger will be here next week along with the axles. Once I get the axles I can start tire and lift fitment. Im not sure but Im thinking 2" lift with 37x13.50 toyos on 20x10 fuel wheels. Cant wait to get it all here.
Hey swede78, if I could make a suggestion, go coil overs if it's in the budget, or at least 3.5" mid-long arm. I have a 2.5" with the same tires and feel that 3.5" would be perfect. Although everything works fine with my set up and it is a low cog. Good luck and post pics when available!
Old 09-15-2012, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DesertRat_Rubi08

Hey swede78, if I could make a suggestion, go coil overs if it's in the budget, or at least 3.5" mid-long arm. I have a 2.5" with the same tires and feel that 3.5" would be perfect. Although everything works fine with my set up and it is a low cog. Good luck and post pics when available!
You have to remember, that with these axles they act like portals. Thus, allowing bigger tires with less lift. I think these axles allow 5 more inches of ground clearance than a stock D60.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
You have to remember, that with these axles they act like portals. Thus, allowing bigger tires with less lift. I think these axles allow 5 more inches of ground clearance than a stock D60.
That is correct. Thats why we are going to put the axles under it first before ordering the lift. There is not to many guys that I know of running around with these axles under there jeep so its hard getting advice on lifts and tire sizes. My biggest concern is what kind of highway mannors these things have. I dont want to have to trailer that thing every where I go.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swede78
That is correct. Thats why we are going to put the axles under it first before ordering the lift. There is not to many guys that I know of running around with these axles under there jeep so its hard getting advice on lifts and tire sizes. My biggest concern is what kind of highway mannors these things have. I dont want to have to trailer that thing every where I go.
You should be fine on the road. the only thing i could see being a problem is the CV's in the axle itself. But i would take that with a grain of salt considering i have absolutely no experience with these axles. Also, one of the reasons you havnt seen these on many JK's or rigs period is the price. 14k is quite a bit for axle's that havnt been proven their worth, and it doesnt help that you can get a set of MOGs for around 5k, and have proven performance for a lot less. Anyways, good luck and keep us posted on how this goes, im interested to see how these actually perform.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default atomic axles

You are going to hate those axles for on road . I , who wheels off road will do you a favor , and take them off your hands ! By the way , just make us all jealous and tell us how much a deal is!

Last edited by dahreno; 09-16-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Quick Reply: atomic axles road noise