Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep

Old 06-09-2010, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why you are so surprised with the Warranty of Chrysler. Chrysler has always the same warranty: you do mod: warranty can be void.

The secret is to find a mod friendly dealer. I found one, I have about 30 mods on my Jeep (including 3.5" lift), and my dealer "close his eyes" when he fix something under warranty.
In fact, he works for me, not for Chrysler Canada.

Not satisfied? shut your mouth, don't contact Chrysler (like Wayoflife wrote) and find another dealer.

Last edited by JKU Rubicon; 06-09-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Guess I'm lucky also that the dealer I go to has honored warranty issues. I also have a lift, they even replaced an ABS sensor, noting it probably failed when I was flexing and how the cable was routed. They fixed it anyway, no charge.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

This is BS! Sorry to hear about your trouble WOL. I've seen an instance where a guy had an issue with a power steering leak on his lifted JK. Chrysler decided, not the dealer (of course the dealer had to tell the guy though), that it would not be covered under warranty unless the guy took his lift off, problem was, he bought it that way from a dealer in Texas so it's not like he had the stock parts at home. On the filp side, I had plenty of warranty work done on my '07 Rubi including clutch, soft top, rear rotors, and eventually a left rear axle, without issue and it was lifted (after only 12 miles on it) with 35's and plenty of other mods. Like WOL said, it appears he pissed off the Tuttle Click and they retalliated. No dealer should have that ability. There are good and bad dealers out there not all are bad, but there probably more way more bad than good. And yes, those surveys do matter to the dealer, BIG TIME. I bombed a Chevy dealer that not only tried to rip us a new one on our Tahoe, but also tried to hide about $2000 worth of stuff in the paperwork. They are out of business now.

Also, if any of you own Rams with diesels, do NOT take it to the dealer with a CAI or K&N on it . Chrysler will void the engine warranty on it in a heartbeat!

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 06-09-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

chrysler needs to sell jeep to a company that will take care of all the lower jeep owners. I know a LOT of people will disagree but if ford bought jeep they would definitely do better than chrysler! Its just my opinion but ive owned more f-150s than jeeps and ford always took great care of me. I LOVE my JK.. but i hate chrysler!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

chrysler dealers will even go to bribes to get that perfect score..

this is how I knew they arent anonymous... when i got my 08 i was told id receive a Nice gift if I gave the dealer a perfect score.. and wouldnt if I didnt.... in my case the dealer did a nice job so I gave a good score.... and they sent me a "gift " for several free oil changes and some wash / waxes i think it was.....

im sure they would never admit it but in my opiunion that was a bribe... also means 5 star ratings are not real... just BS because people will score them perfect just to get the gift...

-Christopher
Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bdewade
chrysler needs to sell jeep to a company that will take care of all the lower jeep owners. I know a LOT of people will disagree but if ford bought jeep they would definitely do better than chrysler! Its just my opinion but ive owned more f-150s than jeeps and ford always took great care of me. I LOVE my JK.. but i hate chrysler!
I don't know about Ford's warranty policy but I will say if the Jeep was built by Ford with the same quality as a F-250 or F-350 there wouldn't be the need for warranty work regardless of mods. I have driven company owned Fords in a mining and drilling atmosphere for my entire drilling career, some with as many as 400k on them and short of regular maintenance NEVER go into the dealer. If you were to take stock of the number of Fords vs any other brand at a mine out here it is in excess of 10:1 Ford.
Sorry for your troubles WOL, keep us posted on any changes. And I am also someone with limited access to dealers, just one here and they I hate to say it suck. I do most of my own work with the help of this Forum. Thanks for that Eddie
Old 06-09-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
.......Like WOL said, it appears he pissed off the Tuttle Click (whom I've delt with on some parts before) and they retalliated and no dealer should have that ability.
The dealer only has this ability because Chrysler allows it. Chrysler is the manufacturer and the entity that provides the warranty, not the dealer. This policy is in place only so that they can do what many of us have experienced........point at each other (dealer and manufacturer) and say, "There's nothing I can do, it's their problem". Wake up people.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

This has the potential to affect a lot of Jeep owners. I have heard that the Auto Makers monitor Facebook and Twiter and have taken actions to help resolve issues noted on them because of the visibility these sites get. It may be worth starting a “Jeep Warranty Issue” thread on these sites for more people to make comments and possibly increase visibility of this problem.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lhracing
This has the potential to affect a lot of Jeep owners. I have heard that the Auto Makers monitor Facebook and Twiter and have taken actions to help resolve issues noted on them because of the visibility these sites get. It may be worth starting a “Jeep Warranty Issue” thread on these sites for more people to make comments and possibly increase visibility of this problem.
Now that sounds like a good idea.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I must have a GREAT Dealer because I have Lifted everything we owne! No problems here My Jk goes in tonight for a Seal leak on the front Axle. No Problem

My Dealer sell Lift kits or contacts me same for DIESELs

Quick Reply: ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep