JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/attention-chrysler-will-void-your-warranty-if-you-lift-your-jeep-132752/)

wayoflife 06-10-2010 06:12 PM

This morning, an interesting question was asked of me over on JK-Forum.com and it was one that I can honestly say I didn’t know the answer to. In fact, I wasn’t even sure if it was something that I wanted to know given that the answer had the potential to change the circumstances of things and put into question what I have been saying over the past few months. You see, the question asked was this - when did my Jeep actually get flagged? Was it on October 11, 2009, back when I first brought my Jeep into Tuttle Click and was first identified as being modified? According to the official policy of Chrysler, that is when it should have happend and if it did, it would prove that the flag on my Jeep was not administered by Tuttle Click as a form of retribution. Of course, if my Jeep was flagged on a much later date - oh, say maybe after a certain negative customer survey was filed with Chrysler, that would offer even more proof to the claims that I have been making all along. So, how was I going to be able to find out for sure?

Being that I never received an official notification in writing or otherwise regarding when and why my Jeep was flagged, I had assumed that finding out the answer to this question was going to take some leg work. Forutnately for me, Nate at Chrysler has been following the discussion over on JK-Forum.com and he already had a good idea that I would be contacting him soon. Needless to say, he was ready for me and soon after sending him an email regarding this matter, I received a phone call from him.

So, what was the answer to the million dollar question…… March 23, 2010.

While my Jeep still has a flag on it, one that I still feel was given unjustly and one that Chrysler is still unwilling to remove, I think it is very clear that my Jeep DID NOT receive it as part of routine policy enforcement but rather, as a form of dealership retribution.

If there is a bright side to all this, I will have to say that my recent conversations with Nate have been surprisingly pleasant and productive. More than anything, I am really encouraged by his eagerness and willingness to listen to not only my concerns but the concerns of JK-Forum.com members as well. It is my hope that there are more people like Nate within the Chrysler Corporation and if there are, it would go a long way in helping to restore my faith in them.

Cpt. Flapjack 06-10-2010 06:17 PM

Hopefully this is the start of the process to getting this issue resolved!:thumbsup:

backwoodjk 06-10-2010 06:23 PM

Good to hear Eddie, hopefully this will turn good in the end. :thumbsup:

JPSquad 06-10-2010 06:29 PM

Nice to hear someone (Nate) is listening. Let's just hope that the light at the other end of the tunnel isn't a train.

Zylfrax791 06-10-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by wayoflife (Post 1726931)
If there is a bright side to all this, I will have to say that my recent conversations with Nate have been surprisingly pleasant and productive. More than anything, I am really encouraged by his eagerness and willingness to listen to not only my concerns but the concerns of JK-Forum.com members as well. It is my hope that there are more people like Nate within the Chrysler Corporation and if there are, it would go a long way in helping to restore my faith in them.

He's probably just a PR person whose job it is to smooth things over and polish up turds before he leaves early everyday to hit the links. Trouble is, seeing that he has knowledge of your status as the owner and operator of the largest JK forum in the world and he still chooses not to exert his power to remove the flag on your vehicle speaks volumes....

HV 06-10-2010 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by wayoflife (Post 1725958)
i'm sure you would say that but the fact of the matter is, chrysler is the one who offers the warranty you have on your jeep and they are the only ones who can void it. the dealership can only contact chrysler and tell them to flag your jeep. also, if you actually took the time to read what i wrote, you would see that i didn't have a "disagreement" with the dealership but rather, I FILED A FORMAL COMPLAINT through a customer evaluation and one of which i made the misplaced assumption it would be kept confidential. if i had had a "disagreement" with them in person, that would have burned bridges right then and there and i wouldn't have bothered going back to them. :naw:

again, you clearly have not read what i wrote or are being selective in what you choose to remember. yes, there have been some at chrysler who have been very helpful and i made sure to point them out. however, there have been some that have been rude, obnoxious and who have hung up the phone on me just because i wanted to know what their representative number was. if that's waht you call "very helpful and diligent", you can have it. fact of the matter is, the only thing that has gotten me any help at all is my own determination and tenacity.

Eddie Im sorry you are dealing with people who clearly did not read all your posts which are clear as day about your saga. i think maybe jeep is trying to do some damage control or flip the story on your forum . they are sneaky and low lifes

jasonG 06-10-2010 07:03 PM

Hats off to Nate:) I really hope he is taking this thread serious:yup: It's weird because my dealership (before they went out of business) seemed very MOD friendly.. Maybe because of where I live.. everybody who buys wranglers out here mod them period...
But on the other side of town (beaverton =Yuppie) are not MOD friendly from what I've been told... It's more country over here and maybe thats why they were more MOD friendly:thinking:
Regardless Eddie was treated unfairly in the long run and I think it's coming around through this thread:yup: Again, Eddie and all the other jeepers on here have gave me the courage to do my own work and try things I never would have without this forum.

I appreciate Eddie and his wisdom and everyone else who has taught me something here.

Thanks again and Nate if your reading this, know that Eddie is the biggest JK billboard Chrysler will ever have:beer:

07rubisteve 06-10-2010 07:54 PM

Eddie I had the same exact thing happen to me.....I will try to keep this as short as possible but it might get lengthy explaining how my jeep got flagged...

I bought my jeep from a very reputable Jeep dealer who always treated me as gold, were known to take care of their customers. I purchased the extra 2 year extended warranty costing me $2500, thus coverage for 100,000kms, or 5 years bumper to bumper coverage of everything including free services etc. They know me by first name basis, realized I wheeled, but always took care of me regardless of my mods, even when I had my rear locker go. I took video fo the sound it made while wheeling, and they took care of me replacing the entire rear diff internals. Mods at this time was TF 2.5BB (spacer lift only), exhaust, intake, 35's on AEV pintlers, warn front bumper, and Warn winch thats it. I continued to come back to this dealer for most of my free services.

My mistake follows me trying to save time....

At about 60,000km mark on my jeep, I start to get a few rattles that were annoying. First thing was I went to a different dealership for convienence sake, one that was 1 hr closer to me, as I ran out of time. The issue at the time was rear gate rattle and dash rattle from center of dash. I took it to this other dealership that was closing down within 2weeks of the date I attended (going out of business as many have done.) Long story short, I went for a test drive with a mechanic to show him the rattle, of course only the rear gate rattle occurs once and not the dash rattle. The mechanic told me that the dealership already let go of most of the mechanics so he wouldn't be able to spend much time on my jeep. I should have just taken my jeep and left at this point:thinking:. Of course they couldn't find or correct any issues after 5 hours of waiting. They tried to say that the rattle in the rear gate may be caused by the aftermarket exhaust, which was completely BS. The exhaust did not touch anything, or even come close to the rear gate.:crazyeyes: This dealer (service girl) then said that they had to charge me labour for the 5 hours of time they tried to find issues. I said pardon me? Then got into a bit of a heated arguement with this service girl, and demanded the service manager. Again he and I discussed the issues that they did not correct, and that they did nothing for me, and he tried to get me to pay for the labour. I refused, as I felt I was getting the shaft. The manager realized he wasn't getting anywhere with me, then said fine, and gave me my keys and I left without having to pay. I was really ticked off, as now I was heated up, wasted my entire day in the city waiting, and still had a JK with some unbearable rattles. I did not realize what the dealership did to my file with Chrysler.

So, 6 month+ go by, and low and behold, my drivers side exhaust manifold cracks. They trust me so much, they book me in for the this exact issue without even diagnosing it themselves or having seen any other Jks with this specific issue. I go to my original dealership for warranty work, drive the 3 hours, and arrive to drop off the jeep. They give me the courtesy vehicle and I'm off back home as they knew they would need the JK for a few days. I get a call that day, the service girl asking why my Jeep was flagged and that none of my powertrain is covered under warranty anymore. Stating that only the Transmission, engine, and electrical are covered. I said I have no idea why or how it would be flagged. Then I realized that A$$hole manager at the now shutdown dealership flagged my jeep and I was screwed.

So my dealership call Chrysler Canada and gets a file started, and go to bat for me for over a week. Chrysler Canada even sends out a representative to come out to view my jeep and get first hand look. At the end of the day, they honor my warranty and cover the manifold. I think the flag is removed and go on with my happy day.

Now 5 months or so go by, and my friendly original dealership is going out of business and actually turned into a Hyndai dealership.:naw: My E-disco craps out, and I am forced to go to yet another Dodge/Jeep dealership. The Service person looks at my file, and says your jeep is flagged, and nothing in the powertrain is covered. I said WTF!!! I dealt with this and even had Chrysler Canada remove this. The service guy say nope, they did not remove anything. So here I have a rubicon with a failed E-disco and this dealership qoutes me just over $2000 to replace the entire swaybar system. I just shook my head, and left with my jeep. Now even more pissed and realized that I had no one on my side now, with a disconnected E-disco to drive around. I didnt even bother with calling chrysler, as I knew I would get the run around.

What did I do, I said F#*@ it!!! I will mod this thing so much that they will only cover the engine.....Called Northridge and ordered up TF 4inch LCA, Coast drive shafts, Currie antirock sway bar, rear bumper, 513 gears, gussets, sleeves, and moved up to 37's, actually pretty much most stuff in my sig.....If they are not going to honor anything, then screw them..... I hate most dealerships as they have no idea of customer service.....The good ones are long gone.....Sad.....

BoggerSwap 06-10-2010 08:37 PM

Sorry to read that RubiSteve - Here I was hoping it was just a US thing - I guess not. :(
I guess Chrysler has the same attitude and policies worldwide.

RescueGreen#3 06-10-2010 08:44 PM

07rubisteve, yours sounds very similar to mine. Sorry to hear about it.