JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/attention-chrysler-will-void-your-warranty-if-you-lift-your-jeep-132752/)

itsajeepjkthing 06-13-2012 03:45 PM

hmm where would i find the canadian version of this..

MeAki 07-30-2012 01:54 AM

uggghhh so... I bought my jeep 2 months ago maybe and my clutch broke down wet to the dealership to ask em about it ... they wanted to charge me $1700 for the clutch then they said that all the fluids need to be changed ... everything was around 2500 !!! I told them I had the car for 4 weeks and I drive stick for over 10 years ... they wanted to charge me 450 for the estimate ( if I would've chose not to fix it with them ) I bitched and moaned and they changed the clutch for $1300 ! once I got home I gave em the worst possible review ... from what I'm reading here I pretty much screwed myself huh ?!? :)):)):))) this is awesome ... :)) I will do all the work by myself on the jeep from now on anyway! but i still think this is BS !!! night night !

antonioso 07-30-2012 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by itsajeepjkthing (Post 3066058)
hmm where would i find the canadian version of this..

X2 :thinking:

CDN-JK 07-30-2012 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by antonioso

X2 :thinking:

Only thing I have found to date is the consumer protection act 2002. All provinces may not have one, nor do I know how much help it would be... But it's a starting point nonetheless

pastorsteve 07-30-2012 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by MeAki (Post 3138761)
uggghhh so... I bought my jeep 2 months ago maybe and my clutch broke down wet to the dealership to ask em about it ... they wanted to charge me $1700 for the clutch then they said that all the fluids need to be changed ... everything was around 2500 !!! I told them I had the car for 4 weeks and I drive stick for over 10 years ... they wanted to charge me 450 for the estimate ( if I would've chose not to fix it with them ) I bitched and moaned and they changed the clutch for $1300 ! once I got home I gave em the worst possible review ... from what I'm reading here I pretty much screwed myself huh ?!? :)):)):))) this is awesome ... :)) I will do all the work by myself on the jeep from now on anyway! but i still think this is BS !!! night night !

I see you're new at this so let's start at the beginning. New or used purchase? What year Wrangler? How many miles? Obviously it's not new as the Jeep warranty covers it for the first two years.

MeAki 07-30-2012 11:33 AM

it was a certified pre owned 2007 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon with 60k ! they gave me 3 months bumper to bumper and 8 months of warranty ( that I'm sorry I haven't had a look at it to see what it covers ) ... ill do all the work on the jeep from now on on my friends shop so I really don't care about their warranty anymore ... I really don't want to see those people's faces again ... I might just go crazy !!! this dealership arrigo dodge of sawgrass here in ft lauderdale treats you worst the the DMV !!!!! after complaining for 15 min to one of the managers about how come I have to change fluids clutch steering dampener after 4 weeks on a certified car ... he looks at me and says ... " yeah well, thank you for your business I hope you enjoy the car !! have a wonderful day " I lost it I told him something related to his mother and left the dealership !!!!

pastorsteve 07-30-2012 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by MeAki (Post 3139362)
it was a certified pre owned 2007 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon with 60k ! they gave me 3 months bumper to bumper and 8 months of warranty ( that I'm sorry I haven't had a look at it to see what it covers ) ..!!!!

Vehicle warranties (especially used) rarely cover "wear and tear" parts such as clutch, wiper blades and brake pads. I wouldn't be so quick to debase a dealer especially when you haven't even taken the time to read your warranty.

MeAki 07-31-2012 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by pastorsteve

Vehicle warranties (especially used) rarely cover "wear and tear" parts such as clutch, wiper blades and brake pads. I wouldn't be so quick to debase a dealer especially when you haven't even taken the time to read your warranty.

I know for a fact that the clutch and blades are not covered on a used and most of the times a new one ... ( I owned a few) but for a car to need fluids ( everything that's fluid) changed, clutch changed , bushings have to be changed , steering stabilizer ... all this in 4 weeks after thy told me that it had an 125 points inspection .. certified preowned ?!? .... that's a little bit too much in my opinion... if I'm wrong ... well I'm learning something new !!!

TJM12 07-31-2012 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by MeAki

I know for a fact that the clutch and blades are not covered on a used and most of the times a new one ... ( I owned a few) but for a car to need fluids ( everything that's fluid) changed, clutch changed , bushings have to be changed , steering stabilizer ... all this in 4 weeks after thy told me that it had an 125 points inspection .. certified preowned ?!? .... that's a little bit too much in my opinion... if I'm wrong ... well I'm learning something new !!!

I agree. Especially if its certified and had been given the 125 point inspection. That whole certified pre owned sales angle was to insure and convince people who bought, they had nothing to worry about.

eumel789 08-01-2012 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by MeAki (Post 3139362)
it was a certified pre owned 2007 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon with 60k ! they gave me 3 months bumper to bumper and 8 months of warranty ( that I'm sorry I haven't had a look at it to see what it covers ) ... ill do all the work on the jeep from now on on my friends shop so I really don't care about their warranty anymore ... I really don't want to see those people's faces again ... I might just go crazy !!! this dealership arrigo dodge of sawgrass here in ft lauderdale treats you worst the the DMV !!!!! after complaining for 15 min to one of the managers about how come I have to change fluids clutch steering dampener after 4 weeks on a certified car ... he looks at me and says ... " yeah well, thank you for your business I hope you enjoy the car !! have a wonderful day " I lost it I told him something related to his mother and left the dealership !!!!

That is terrible!!!
I live in Boynton, so I know where that dealership is located. The Ft. Lauderdale Jeep Club meets there often...