JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/attention-chrysler-will-void-your-warranty-if-you-lift-your-jeep-132752/)

funwthmud 06-08-2010 04:22 PM

Eddie ... Sorry to hear this, but as usual it seems your breaking ground for us. I was at my local dealer yesterday complaining to them about similar issues. I told my wife I was going to file with the Bureau of Automotive Repair and maybe the Better Business Bureau. Maybe Ill wait for now. See if im flagged the next time I go in there :dontknow2:

Pape 06-08-2010 06:06 PM

Thanks for sharing Eddie, If you need our help let us know after all the jeep community is like a second family.

sixt7gt350 06-08-2010 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by EarlyJk (Post 1723262)
Bump...this needs to be read by every JK owner

Corrected: This needs to be read by every potential Jeep buyer.

Once they have your money, they don't care.
(Well, they care, but they only care to genuflect at the feet of TheOne and grovel for taxpayer money.)

sixt7gt350 06-08-2010 06:19 PM

As has been noted by a couple other members, don't waste your time with the BBB.
All Chrysler has to do is tell the BBB it's resolved and they walk away.
The BBB really can only twist the arm of a small business.

I had some healthy rebates denied by Circuit City when they changed rebate terms AFTER I bought the items and submitted the rebates. (I had copies of ALL paperwork, with eligible dates clearly shown.) The BBB's final response was them saying they had received notice from CC that the matter had been resolved. (even though I never got my rebates or any other form of compensation)

Chico 06-08-2010 08:48 PM

Whoa!

I just joined this forum 2 weeks ago, cause I just pulled the trigger on 2010 Rubicon Dark Green. I had to order mine cause of the stuff I wanted on it. Anyway, this has been a big-o eye opener. I will be paying attention to this thread, cause I've just learned a whole lot right here. Thanks for the info!

Chico

GRAVL 06-08-2010 09:17 PM

We understand where you are coming from...

Just thought you should be aware that this is a global issue with DCM

Having similar probs here in Aus...

Earth Siege 06-08-2010 09:29 PM

WOL

thanks for sharing this awful-ongoing event and giving us warning. :eek2:
i know that i will bite my tongue the next time im at the dealership for sure.
after hearing this i am concidering refunding my extended warranty and use it for upgrades. :yup:
my dealership has been very friendly in all the work i have had to have done, in fact i just got it back from the shop for a leaking axle seal in the front pass side and an interior plastic panel that was broken and all was covered by them, no questions asked. :clap:
i hope i dont run into a bad dealership and live through what ur going through.:naw:

FresnoJK 06-08-2010 10:04 PM

I remember the salesman telling me how to fill out the survey as I was leaving the dealership with my new Wrangler. They even have a 20x30 image of a huge customer survey hanging on the wall with a "perfect" score. As I was leaving he said "just fill yours out like this" pointing to the "perfect" survey. (As if I did not know how to read or fill out a survey.) He was not joking he was dead serious. Fast Forward-I filled out the survey honestly and truthfully and it was far from a perfect score. No repercussions yet.

I am going to send a link to the CEO of Chrysler of a company website that specializes in TRUE customer surveys. A great and well respected company called Medallia.

http://www.medallia.com/

PainKiller 06-08-2010 11:07 PM

Sorry you are having problems with warranty stuff. When we bought ours back in 08 , it came with a so called "lifetime" warranty. the dealership i purchased mine from has their own "off road" center that does the lifts and aftermarket work. So i went across the lot to see about getting a lift and the shop manager said " you lift that at all and it voids the warranty" and i replied that the salesman that just sold me the jeep said it was ok as long as i didn't go over a 3" lift, he then said ' you put any type of lift on that jeep and it will void any and all warranties" . i was like wtf. fast forward 2 years, we went back to that dealership and was going to upgrade to a unlimited and they had one that had a BB lift and 33's , so i popped off about warranty and the salesman said "oh no that is covered since our shop did it". We couldn't leave fast enough. We then went to another dealership 10 miles away and they said as long as i didn't go over a 2.5" lift everything would be covered ( they even had a 2 door and an unlimited lifted with 33's on their lot with almost zero miles on them. I guess all dealerships are different but when it came down to warranty work they all try to deny it because of any type of modification. I sent my concerns about your issues in an e-mail and i hope all of us that did will open their eyes. Good luck and keep us posted

07rockredx 06-09-2010 04:17 AM

I can admitt it that i am a lurker i know... but i have had my jeep for 3 yrs and taken it back to the dealer several times, soft top leaks mostly. but it has never been without an arguement about them covering under warrenty. and i get told "well you bought a soft top. you should have known it was goning to leak." Same thing everytime, finally called chrysler and told that they are independently owned and that they will call and make a recomendation on how to solve the issue. Granted i have never been denied warranty work but does a lift void my warranty on a top???:thinking: