JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/attention-chrysler-will-void-your-warranty-if-you-lift-your-jeep-132752/)

Jusaplaya 06-08-2010 11:59 AM

I was never told anything when I let them replace my air conditioner compressor in December. I wonder if I am flagged also. Chrysler should have to notify you when this happens. Good luck with this WOL. You have helped me out a lot over the past few years. :synister:

IrvineJK 06-08-2010 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by j33per (Post 1723199)
Service managers are probably paid a bonus based on customer reviews and therefore these marks are of concern to them. This is exactly what I meant when I wrote about stepping on someone's toes. How bad does a dealer need to be to get 0. Zero is nothing, nada like total and utter rubbish. I cannot believe that Tuttle Click deserved nada and rating them with a fat zero says possibly more about your state of mind at the time than the dealer's.

Maybe I'm not understanding your point about "stepping on someone's toes". But as a customer, I could care less how they're paid! And it's irrelevant to how Dealers in our area become "5 star" (supposedly a mark of quality product/service) through customer feedback. Crysler/dealers need that positive feedback to get the 5 star designation. They encourage feedback, good or bad to help weed out the bad dealers. Eddie provided that feedback as suggested. I'm not sure what mark he gave them, but that is irrelevant.

Providing that feedback shouldn't be grounds for the dealer in question to RETALIATE by essentially voiding his valid corporate warranty!

If they didn't deserve a zero then, they certainly deserve it now. That includes corporate.

wayoflife 06-08-2010 12:01 PM

Less bashing and more thinking seems like a good idea to me. WOL, I'm not on anyone's side.

you'll forgive me but just because you don't like what you're hearing doesn't mean i have been bashing anyone. before you continue to self-righteously puff yourself up and preach to everyone else, please do us all a favor and take the time to read what i've actually writen - ALL OF IT, carefully.

Service managers are probably paid a bonus based on customer reviews and therefore these marks are of concern to them.
did you really figure all that out all by yourself or did you actually read what i wrote? :naw:

This is exactly what I meant when I wrote about stepping on someone's toes.
oh i get it, you actually think it was a good thing that they were informed of my evaluation and that they are justified in their retribution. you'll forgive me but the last time i checked, i was the customer and my well being is what should be important - NOT whether or not i was stepping on toes of those who are supposed to be providing me with service. and, if my evaluation came with a potential for reprocusions, i think chrysler had an obligation to let me know as much ahead of time. as i had said many times before, had i know my complaint would have resulted in what i am going through now, i would never had filed it in the first place. :naw:

How bad does a dealer need to be to get 0. Zero is nothing, nada like total and utter rubbish. I cannot believe that Tuttle Click deserved nada and rating them with a fat zero says possibly more about your state of mind at the time than the dealer's.
i'm sorry but i do believe my state of mind was a result of my experience with this dealership. if they are so concerned with my state of mind or how i would rate them, perhaps they should have provided me with the kind of service i had been used to getting from just about every other dealership i've been to in the last 15 years. believe what you like and call it what you want but for me, yes, tuttle click deserved nada - a BIG FAT ZERO. that is how i felt regarding my experience and would have thought IF ANYTHING, they would have wanted to know what they did wrong and how they could improve what they do INSTEAD OF harassing me on my next visit and subsequently, punishing me with a mark against my warranty. but hey, that's just me.

My main point is a very serious one; This thread will almost certainly not go unnoticed by Chrysler. I could imagine that Chrysler reads this forum and that they may formulate the view that warranty repairs on modified vehicles are no longer permitted. Period. That way, there is no grey area. All warranty claims are simply dismissed. Now, that would really screw this community.
and i mean this very seriously, i am genuinely troubled by what i'm hearing from you.

Not many people have this kind of platform to operate from to address an issue and I suggest you use that privilege carefully for the good of yourself and the community.
you'll forgive me but my well being is my concern and in spite of what you choose to believe, this "platform" as you put is far from a privilege that magically landed in my lap but rather, it is something that i made with my two hands, work very hard to maintain and pay for out of my pocket so that guys like you can use it for FREE. likewise, just because you don't like what i'm doing doesn't mean i haven't been trying my hardest to benefit the community. in fact, with the exception of you, it would appear to me that everyone else understands this.

GearWhore 06-08-2010 12:04 PM

My first few posts on the forum were basically trying to find help with and express frustration at the issues I've been having with my JK since shortly after I drove it off the lot. I too love Jeep. My current JK is my 4th Jeep (85 XJ, 89 XJ, 02 WJ and now 09 JK) and I'm a third generation Jeep owner. I love what my Jeeps allow me to do and where they allow me to go. We go backcountry and camp almost every weekend where few other vehicles would be able to take us.

And yet, with all of this, my latest Jeep (and especially the frustrations I've experienced) has pushed me further away from the Jeep brand I identify with. The dealer I purchased mine from is the largest in Utah and yet they've provided me with an almost endless stream headaches. I too tried to get some form of respite from Chrysler and found none.

Thank you Eddie for your efforts, not just with this case, but what you do for all of us on this forum.

:beer::beer:

wayoflife 06-08-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by jgkjeep (Post 1723272)
No they aren't. When I bought my JK they tried to sell me one like that and the salesman said it would fall under the factory warranty.

Originally Posted by EarlyJk (Post 1723276)
Or because a dealership put on the lift kit themselves would they honor the warranty? Which I heard they do, which would open them up for a lawsuit I would believe.

from what i have been told by chrysler, every dealership is independantly owned and operated and some "may" honor your warranty in spite of the fact that you have a lifted jeep. the problem is, if you go to a dealership that is unfriendly towards lifted jeeps, they can flag your jeep's VIN like tuttle click did to mine and then you can't get warranty work done anywhere, even at dealerships that are friendly to lifts.

glwood6 06-08-2010 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by jgkjeep (Post 1723272)
No they aren't. When I bought my JK they tried to sell me one like that and the salesman said it would fall under the factory warranty.

I wouldn't put any stock in what ANY salesman would tell a potential buyer. It's been well documented that too many sales reps know very little about what they're selling, and will say just about anything to make a sale, whether it's true or not.

EarlyJk 06-08-2010 12:58 PM

My rant...............

In this day and time a dealership should be bending over backwards to please its loyal fan base, and a Jeep fan base is about as loyal as you can get. I cannot believe the irresponsible child-like manner in which they black balled WOL. To me, nothing is as American as owning a Jeep, I've driven some form of Jeep for the last 20 years. I've suffered through the sub-par engines the rotting floorboards, tubs etc. and have never complained because HEY, Its a Jeep Thing! Jeep was NEVER considered by any stretch of the imagination as a reliable well built vehicle but we all soldiered on and built it up to the stature it has become.....by adding the aftermarket parts we have taken this niche vehicle to the next level. There are NO 2 aftermarket Jeeps alike and that breeds "WANT" from a public that sees what they can actually do to a stock vehicle. If anything WE market Jeep more than any Chrysler marketing campaign ever could. There are more aftermarket parts made for Jeeps then for all other vehicles' combined and they have been making them for longer (which we could easily infer that they are made to a higher quality and have been tested to perform above and beyond what stock parts could ever do). As a community that love our Jeeps WE have to stick together...I don't know WOL from a hole in the wall but I've read your complete post and I feel your pain.

sbcracer 06-08-2010 02:44 PM

sticky note this one

Bump. all should read and all should e mail jeep

OpenTrackRacer 06-08-2010 02:54 PM

Bad news. Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble. Obviously we all know that what they're doing is against the law. Unfortunately, one has to really put in a lot of effort to overcome something like this. If they were denying an expensive repair and lawyer would be justified but at this point you're in limbo because nothing is pending. Contacting SEMA or the BBB might be a good route to take for now.

I'm not surprised by everything that you've encountered. We had a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan that we bought new. Had brake problems from the very beginning. The dealers were useless. They only made it worse (one even installed brake lines to the wrong ports which made the ABS engage and not release until the vehicle was stopped). Chrysler did nothing to help. After a while I went after them under the lemon law. A Chrysler rep called to essentially try and buy me off (they offered some sort of extended warranty if I remember correctly). At this point the brakes were still not working right and I refused anything short of a buyback. The rep laughed at me and told me there was no way that would happen. To make a long story short, the arbitrator sent an independent inspector to examine the vehicle. He found the brakes to be defective and Chrysler was ordered to take the van back. Since the brake problem cropped up early we got almost all our money back (after having owned the van for more than two years). Chrysler and the dealers blew every chance to remedy the problem and paid for it in the end. I'm still shocked that I went ahead and bought another Chrysler vehicle. I guess I'm not so worried this time because I bought it used and it's almost out of warranty.

Don't hesitate to go nuclear if you have an expensive repair that is denied. The burden of proof is on Chrysler when denying warranty coverage, not the vehicle owner.

jasonG 06-08-2010 03:33 PM

Less bashing and more thinking seems like a good idea to me. WOL, I'm not on anyone's side.

Service managers are probably paid a bonus based on customer reviews and therefore these marks are of concern to them. This is exactly what I meant when I wrote about stepping on someone's toes. How bad does a dealer need to be to get 0. Zero is nothing, nada like total and utter rubbish. I cannot believe that Tuttle Click deserved nada and rating them with a fat zero says possibly more about your state of mind at the time than the dealer's.

My main point is a very serious one; This thread will almost certainly not go unnoticed by Chrysler. I could imagine that Chrysler reads this forum and that they may formulate the view that warranty repairs on modified vehicles are no longer permitted. Period. That way, there is no grey area. All warranty claims are simply dismissed. Now, that would really screw this community.

Not many people have this kind of platform to operate from to address an issue and I suggest you use that privilege carefully for the good of yourself and the community.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Who are you GUY??? You work for Chrysler or know someone high up?? Lots of these dealerships deserve 0's with their let's say white trash approach.. I've been in plenty where you can't believe what your hearing and how their saying it. Customer service is the utmost of importance and I beleive Chrysler doesn't believe that theory:mad: So if you indeed work for chrysler maybe you should send the message that we're the ones paying for their big bonuses:beer: