Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audiovox Flash Logic FLRSCH5 Remote Start Unit

Old 02-07-2014, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audiovox Flash Logic FLRSCH5 Remote Start Unit

Has anyone tried this out? If so, do you have the smartphone app accessory?
Old 02-15-2014, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Remote start bump
Old 02-27-2014, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

I just ordered this unit it's getting delivered tomorrow. The smart phone app you are referring to is only available with the Carlink 1&2 series. Those are a completely separate alarm system that has a yearly fee to use the app/gps tracking ect. All the Flrsch5 will do is remote start the car that's it. It's plug and play for the most part. You can add the range extender remotes (flrf 1,2,4). Flr1 is what I'm going to use. It's a small one button used only for remote start only. The Flrf2 is 2 way and it lets you know when the car is started and I believe lock and unlock for your doors (much bigger unit).
I think the 2 way is cool but I don't want something too big. Either way I am installing my FLRSCH5 without the range extender and decide on the added remote later on.

Idk if you've purchased your unit yet but I got a killer deal on mine $69.00 with shipping it came to $78.06 I am dealing with a wholesaler in the Arkansas/Oklahoma area. If you are from that part of the country he will not sell to you. This is to be fair to dealers and installers he resells to. These people could not be more friendly or accommodating. Roger is the person I dealt with and he flashed the correct firmware on the unit for my Jk before it shipped out.

The lowest price I saw was $115 on eBay and I don't think that it was flashed.
You cant see any prices on their website and you have to place your order over the phone.
Here's the link
Audiovox FLRSCH5 Flashlogic Chrysler Remote Start Bypass with T Harness
O.W. Donald Co.

5909 Remington Cir.

Fort Smith, AR 72903

479-646-2303

479-646-2308 Fax

sales@owdonald.com

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm CST

I hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have not bought one yet. I was waiting for someone else to jump in. Give me your feedback once you install it.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TripleBJK
I have not bought one yet. I was waiting for someone else to jump in. Give me your feedback once you install it.
I just installed it. It took all of 15 min. I did not install the optional wiring yet .It's 3 screws under the steering wheel and the panel under the column. After that it's unplug 1 connector by the keyhole plugin the supplied wiring and that's it. You need to allow the unit to recognize your key and that's it.

Push 3 times on lock and boom the car starts. It's that simple.
The optional wiring is a door trigger, hood pin and something else I'm not sure of right now. I'll probably wire in the door pin when I get a chance the others Im not too sure if I will add.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigblu
I just installed it. It took all of 15 min. I did not install the optional wiring yet .It's 3 screws under the steering wheel and the panel under the column. After that it's unplug 1 connector by the keyhole plugin the supplied wiring and that's it. You need to allow the unit to recognize your key and that's it. Push 3 times on lock and boom the car starts. It's that simple. The optional wiring is a door trigger, hood pin and something else I'm not sure of right now. I'll probably wire in the door pin when I get a chance the others Im not too sure if I will add.
Awesome, I think I will buy one. What does the hood and door pins do? Thanks.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TripleBJK
Awesome, I think I will buy one. What does the hood and door pins do? Thanks.
Ok the hood pin is a safety feature. When the hood is up it prevents the engine from starting.

The door pin shuts the radio when the remote start times out. The remote start has a 15min time cycle. If you don't get in and put your key into the ignition in that time frame the car shuts off. Your radio will continue playing for 10min past that point then shut off. Wiring this in shuts the radio at the same time the car shuts off.

I did the radio turn off yesterday. Really simple one wire connection. The wiring chart says the wire is in the drivers side kick panel. It's not its in the door harness. I disconnected the door harness plug from under the dash. Cut open the factory back tape a few inches found the solid purple wire and made my connection with a piggy back connector as to not cut my factory wiring.

I wanted to add the parking light feature but I couldn't because adding a relay to that circuit is required and I didn't have a relay on hand. I pre wired the parking light wire and I am waiting for my
Relay to be shipped.

I'll update when I have it wired up. I'm not installing the hood pin but that's up to you.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

After using the flrsch5 for a few weeks I can tell you I am disappointed in 2 areas of the Flrsch5 remote start. First is the limited range of the factory remote which is not flashlogics fault. 30' is all I'm getting and it annoys me. 2nd is I am tired of pushing lock 3 times in a row. Each time I press lock the horn beeps. I love having a remote start but I needed to address these issues.

Enter the Flrf1 range extender kit. It increases range up to a 1/4 mile. The kit comes with 2 mini remotes, an antenna and some wiring. It's a Simple 2 wire install. Just wire constant 12v and ground. I ran a wire to the batt and I used the ground at the drivers door.

Press the button on the mini remote 2 times for start and hold the button for 3 seconds it shuts the car off.

I now have increased range, turn on/off ability and the horn doesn't beep when I start the car so no angry neighbors.

I bought this kit from the same dealer in my earlier post.

They charge $42 for the kit and it's worth every penny.
Here are some pic of the kit
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	538836
The pic makes the remote look huge but it's the size of a postal stamp

This is the antenna

This gives you an idea of where I mounted the antenna

Last edited by Bigblu; 03-19-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

@Bigblu - Where did you get the relay for the parking lights? Also Can you provide a picture of the wiring. I am having trouble following the pdf.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigblu
I just ordered this unit it's getting delivered tomorrow. The smart phone app you are referring to is only available with the Carlink 1&2 series. Those are a completely separate alarm system that has a yearly fee to use the app/gps tracking ect. All the Flrsch5 will do is remote start the car that's it. It's plug and play for the most part. You can add the range extender remotes (flrf 1,2,4). Flr1 is what I'm going to use. It's a small one button used only for remote start only. The Flrf2 is 2 way and it lets you know when the car is started and I believe lock and unlock for your doors (much bigger unit).
I think the 2 way is cool but I don't want something too big. Either way I am installing my FLRSCH5 without the range extender and decide on the added remote later on.

Idk if you've purchased your unit yet but I got a killer deal on mine $69.00 with shipping it came to $78.06 I am dealing with a wholesaler in the Arkansas/Oklahoma area. If you are from that part of the country he will not sell to you. This is to be fair to dealers and installers he resells to. These people could not be more friendly or accommodating. Roger is the person I dealt with and he flashed the correct firmware on the unit for my Jk before it shipped out.

The lowest price I saw was $115 on eBay and I don't think that it was flashed.
You cant see any prices on their website and you have to place your order over the phone.
Here's the link
Audiovox FLRSCH5 Flashlogic Chrysler Remote Start Bypass with T Harness
O.W. Donald Co.

5909 Remington Cir.

Fort Smith, AR 72903

479-646-2303

479-646-2308 Fax

sales@owdonald.com

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm CST

I hope this helps.
I just ordered this and the remote extender. $120 delivered. $10 bucks cheaper than ebay and GREAT customer service.

Quick Reply: Audiovox Flash Logic FLRSCH5 Remote Start Unit