Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aussie Locker for the Dana 44 rear

Old 07-29-2015, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Folks,

This is Cora from Aussie Locker.

The 2012 and newer Automatic transmission JK's can't run our Rear Locker XD-14480, but they can run a front JK Dana 30 locker XD-13227.

Manual transmissions can run both front and rear Aussie Lockers, for any year.

Our lockers are 100% made in the U.S.A. with the best steel for the job, hardened 9310 USA made Alloy steel. We have the best warranty in the auto locker market.

If you would like, send me a PM, and I can introduce you to some of our JK customers if you would like to hear their personal reviews.

Thanks!!
The following users liked this post:
bassment03 (01-18-2020)
Old 07-29-2015, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

I wonder how Jeep pulled off the Trac Loc LSD in the Willys etc. with automatics.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue
I wonder how Jeep pulled off the Trac Loc LSD in the Willys etc. with automatics.
I was wondering the same.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue
That Trac - Loc isn't even close to being a locker. There are some clutch disc's along side the carrier that engage when a wheel slips. When a wheel slips too quickly it will spin free. My friends Jeep has one and surprisingly it's not too bad if you give it some help with the brake pedal. The Tru - Trac would work well in the back also. You can't even tell there is a limited slip in the back so I guess the TC doesn't mind it.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scubatech
That Trac - Loc isn't even close to being a locker. There are some clutch disc's along side the carrier that engage when a wheel slips. When a wheel slips too quickly it will spin free. My friends Jeep has one and surprisingly it's not too bad if you give it some help with the brake pedal. The Tru - Trac would work well in the back also. You can't even tell there is a limited slip in the back so I guess the TC doesn't mind it.
Obviously its not a locker and never said it was. It is still there all the time. The old Powr Lok was the better of the 2 designs since it had more aggressive clutch packs. Back to the point . . . if these newer ESP systems are more sensitive, it seems it would pick up on positraction kicking in with an LDS whether its a Dana Track Loc, TrueTrac or Auburn LSD. The TrueTrac is gear operated though.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
This was on the Yukon Gear site:

"In 2012 and newer jeep JK's with automatic transmissions any mechanical locker will cause the vehicle to go into limp mode as soon as you turn your 1st turn. This is due to the vehicle computer using the wheel speed sensors for traction control. we spoke to AEV last week and there is no programmer available to override this issue. you can however install our zip locker and use it in 4wd only. this works because when the vehicle is in 4wd the computer does not use the wheel speed sensors for traction control. From what we have gathered its only models with automatic transmissions. unfortunately there is no info available from the manufacture on these issues."

You mentioned "Our zip locker". Do you sell these?
Old 04-11-2020, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks but my issue is not been g able to have a rear Aussie locker. I have already installed the front model you listed. Just trying to figure out what to put in the rear Dana 44. Any information on that would be very helpful.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

I have an Aussie in my rear D44 on my 2007 Auto tranny. I have 4.10 gearing and it works fine. It is loud but works as designed.

Quick Reply: Aussie Locker for the Dana 44 rear