Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Australian JK Help

Old 08-10-2007, 11:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Seer, guess what I found. I had to cover for my buddy (the Chrysler Parts manager at our dealership) for a few minutes today, so I got into the parts catalog, and guess what I looked up....the part number for the tag hole cover. I don't know who you talked to, but they must not know squat. I managed to find it the part number in Chryslers' parts catalog, and I'm the Honda parts manager. Anyway, it is available and the part number is 55397112AA. Mine will be here Tuesday.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup there it is, Plug, Rear Fascia $5.50

Thanks for the P/N!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BLKRUBI, you are the man! The guy I talked to pulled up his computer and all we saw was license plate bracket stuff. Of course if I'd asked for the plug for the rear fascia well... Who comes up with these names?

I was thinking of painting to match. When I worked parts you could either order the tube touch up paint, or spray can. Is the spray touch up paint still available these days? I'm asking in advance in case the parts guy gets lazy on me again.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, about that Vegemite...
Old 08-10-2007, 11:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by seer1
BLKRUBI, you are the man! The guy I talked to pulled up his computer and all we saw was license plate bracket stuff. Of course if I'd asked for the plug for the rear fascia well... Who comes up with these names?

I was thinking of painting to match. When I worked parts you could either order the tube touch up paint, or spray can. Is the spray touch up paint still available these days? I'm asking in advance in case the parts guy gets lazy on me again.
Yeah, I wouldn't call the corner of the tub the "rear fascia", but whatever. That's the part is in our facing PC (Atlanta), and they had 12 in stock. Now I've got to figure out how I'm going to mount my tag and a third brake light on my spare tire. I want/need to get rid of E.T. (aka the third brake light) on my tailgate. I've got plans for that metal plate that comes with the Mopar swing out tire carrier/bumper.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are the man.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Junkie

Picked my cover up from the parts department the other day, now I'm fabbing a bracket and lighting.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

thanks blkrubi,

the guys at my local dealership here in aus told me today there was a 4-6 week wait before i could get one and a price of $35 aus. glad you guys can get it locally.
sorry i couldnt get an answer any quicker.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jkrenegade
thanks blkrubi,

the guys at my local dealership here in aus told me today there was a 4-6 week wait before i could get one and a price of $35 aus. glad you guys can get it locally.
sorry i couldnt get an answer any quicker.
No problem Jkrenegade, Thank you for trying!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you for trying though.

Quick Reply: Australian JK Help