Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Average install cost?

Old 02-09-2007, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Average install cost?

Whats the average install cost for putting on a 2 inch budget boost or basic 3 inch lift. Just trying to figure average costs. I probably won't install it myself since my time and tools are limited. Thanks
Old 02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

I was quoted at $550 for just an install... I was scared to do it myself. However, I just helped my buddy install a new suspension system on his car last weekend and we actually had to use spring compressors. Neither of us had ever done it before and just kinda winged it. It was a whole lot easier than i imagined, and i am by no means a mechanic. I say grab your best buddy, feed him some beer, and slap that thing on yourself. Save yourself $550.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:21 PM
JK Super Freak

I was quoted from $200 - $260 for a 2" BB.

Like the above poster, I am going to try it my self. We can spend less than $150 on jackstands and a decent floor jack and learn something about our rides.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys, I'm so tempted to do it myself although my Jeep is the last thing I want to screw up.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$ 350 installed for 3" system including the wheels spacers, all 5. You can negotiate w/ most shops, especially if you are getting tires with the lift. The more you get the more you can deal. Check the web for prices, arm yourself and then negotiate the best price. Make sure your dealing with a reputable shop though.

Quick Reply: Average install cost?