Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle ratio on Superchip

Old 04-27-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle ratio on Superchip

I just installed 5.13 on my back axle only. I will be fine as long as i don't put it on 4x4. I am having the front installed next week.

Question I have is on my Superchip programmer. Can I put 5.13 on my axle ratio now or so I have to wait till I install the front as well
Old 04-27-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can do it now, it's only there to adjust the speedo.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pettym
You can do it now, it's only there to adjust the speedo.
So even if I have 5.13 in the back and 3.73 on the front and only using rear wheel for the time being it's ok to put it to Axle ratio 5.13?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's not going to hurt anything. How is it any different from having it set at 3.73 as is the case right now? I have a manual so my superchips doesn't adjust any shift points for me, but if you have an auto and teh ratio effects teh shift points, you'd want it set to your drive gear and not your "dead" gear.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:35 PM
JK Freak

It's not going to hurt anything. How is it any different from having it set at 3.73 as is the case right now? I have a manual so my superchips doesn't adjust any shift points for me, but if you have an auto and teh ratio effects teh shift points, you'd want it set to your drive gear and not your "dead" gear.
Ok so this ultimately also adjust my shift too?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

That I am not sure of because it didn't matter for me so I didn't really research it. I know there is away to adjust shiftpoints with it, but I am not sure if it is directly tied to the axel ratio or not. Maybe someone with an Auto can chime in or read up on the superchips site/manual about it.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

That I am not sure of because it didn't matter for me so I didn't really research it. I know there is away to adjust shiftpoints with it, but I am not sure if it is directly tied to the axel ratio or not. Maybe someone with an Auto can chime in or read up on the superchips site/manual about it.
Ok cool. Thanks
Old 04-27-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes you want to go ahead and set the program for both the Gear's and tire size. It does make a big difference. Shifting and speedo work much better when tuned correctly. Also make sure that when you take it into the dealer for anything make sure that you plug in the superchip and return back to factory settings. if not and they hook their programmer you will be paying a additional fee to superchips to unlock you programer so it will work again.

Quick Reply: Axle ratio on Superchip